NY chicken lover!!!!

I do wish I could say that is a cross I intentionally bred for, but it's not. And I don't think that could be called leakage, more like he's a silver and black rooster of unknown breeding. He really is stunning and has a pleasant personality, but will not work for any of my projects. He will most likely end up in freezer camp. :(

Did he come from the eggs of the other breeder (I'm not naming names because I don't want to smear someone)? I just hope not, because that's a lot to pay for what certainly looks like a cross...

I find 40 chickens to be a very manageable number. People who don't have chickens think it's a lot, but it's not like having 40 cats or 40 dogs or 40 children, yikes. Now having 16 roosters is a little much, but I'm working on that.

Welcome to all the newbies! Anyone need a rooster?
big_smile.png

I wish that I needed a rooster...I think that he is awesome looking.

We only have 2 acres. I have 21 chickens, all young, which is manageable. I'll be thinning to about 15 before Thanksgiving. I'm wishing for more, but I'll try to be patient until Spring. As is, we are already pushing back garden plans until Spring, even though I really want to start plotting out and prepping beds this fall.
I've decided that I will try to hatch some of my pullet eggs, if Reddy and Boo ever lay any (they've been teasing around the idea), and if that happens I will look for some nearby sources of hatching eggs. If anyone here sells hatching eggs within the Utica, Rome, Oneida, Herkimer, Little Falls, Richfield, Cooperstown areas, please let me know. I'm willing to travel about 30 minutes from my home and pay up to $2/egg depending on breed. I would only purchase a few, because it's late in the season and I'm worried about my ability to monitor the incubator. Please PM me with info. The breeds I want most are Brahma, Ameraucana, & CCLegbar, but mixes are not out of the question, especially if they're carrying features like muff beard, crest, and feather leg. Dual purpose. I may not be able to get my plans worked out, but I appreciate your responses.

Back
Top Bottom