NY chicken lover!!!!

What breed did you go with?

I know you probably already know, but just in case, 'guard geese' only guard to the extent that they will alert for danger if they see it, thus giving you time to intervene if you hear it and letting the chickens know to hide. And their larger size can deter smaller predators. They won't usually attack and fight with a predator in an attempt to drive it off, or anything like that.

Also, make sure you keep both :) Geese need to have at least one friend of their own kind to live with.
Yeah I have read your posts - I am not expecting much - loud noise is enough since my window overlooks the chicken area so I can run out there. I have one old rooster but he is the quietest rooster ever. Planning to keep both. They are adorable!

Yeah I have read your posts - I am not expecting much - loud noise is enough since my window overlooks the chicken area so I can run out there. I have one old rooster but he is the quietest rooster ever. Planning to keep both. They are adorable!

Goslings are the cutest babies :love Well, okay, maybe emus are a little cuter, haha!

An hour south of Albany, just below Windham Mountain. Watching hubs build our first coop and waiting for our first chicks to arrive. Trying to incubate a few eggs from a farmer down the road, but can't get the humidity above 20%, so I fear they're doomed. Sigh. Any suggestions welcome. Hubs doesn't want to buy an incubator yet. #newbie

Anyone interested in a white frizzle serama rooster? He’s 1.5 years old and proven. He’s a tiny fella. Asking $50, Lake Pleasant, NY
0D1618D0-3679-4D8E-BAF4-E85C0E4153AF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom