NY chicken lover!!!!

I got some of my chicks from Catch-A-Torii farm in Clifton Springs this summer and last. The chicks are very good quality, but the owner is quite unorganized and didn’t have all the breeds I ordered the week I wanted them, so I ended up subbing a bunch. If you call and see what he has when you are ready for chicks, you can just ask him to put those chicks aside for you rather than risk having the wrong chicks available.

I did a mail order from McMurray and got it in 24 hours, and a mail order from Ideal and got it in about 72 hours. Somehow, all birds made it here, no illnesses and no deaths. So I wouldn’t rule out mail order if you are ordering in the spring or summer when it’s warmer!

I got some of my chicks from Catch-A-Torii farm in Clifton Springs this summer and last. The chicks are very good quality, but the owner is quite unorganized and didn’t have all the breeds I ordered the week I wanted them, so I ended up subbing a bunch. If you call and see what he has when you are ready for chicks, you can just ask him to put those chicks aside for you rather than risk having the wrong chicks available.

I did a mail order from McMurray and got it in 24 hours, and a mail order from Ideal and got it in about 72 hours. Somehow, all birds made it here, no illnesses and no deaths. So I wouldn’t rule out mail order if you are ordering in the spring or summer when it’s warme

I did a mail order from McMurray and got it in 24 hours, and a mail order from Ideal and got it in about 72 hours. Somehow, all birds made it here, no illnesses and no deaths. So I wouldn’t rule out mail order if you are ordering in the spring or summer when it’s warmer!
I'll check them out, thanks.

Western New Yorker here (Finger Lakes region) - looking for local call ducks and/or goslings for the upcoming season. Any recommendations?

Western New Yorker here (Finger Lakes region) - looking for local call ducks and/or goslings for the upcoming season. Any recommendations?

I'd be a bit of a drive for you, because I'm over on the VT border, but I have Tufted Romans and will have goslings in the spring :) I can also ship.

Hey there -- Just adding a quick intro! I'm getting ready to move to Schuyler county in a couple of weeks from NC and will be bringing my flock with me. The timing isn't great going right into winter, but looking forward to homesteading in a new state 🤩

If anyone has any recommendations on feed mills I'd love to take ya up on that, would like to avoid going to TSC and keep my dollar more local.

Hey there -- Just adding a quick intro! I'm getting ready to move to Schuyler county in a couple of weeks from NC and will be bringing my flock with me. The timing isn't great going right into winter, but looking forward to homesteading in a new state 🤩

If anyone has any recommendations on feed mills I'd love to take ya up on that, would like to avoid going to TSC and keep my dollar more local.
There is a great Amish place in Himrod definitely check them out. I used to go there before I moved further away. Its called Himrod Farm and Hardware Supply!

Back
Top Bottom