Obama is close to being Impeached

Status
Not open for further replies.
The President has the authority to act in order to defend our country. This is a simple truth, however; Panetta uses Libya and Bosnia as examples of when the President will exercise this authority. Neither one of these examples was a matter of defense for our nation. Libya was an example of using our military to allow assassination of a national leader and nothing else. The war in Libya is still raging, so the idea of going in to save lives was a lie.

As for this being an impeachable offense...well lets remember how the Democrats reacted when they found out President Nixon was using our military in foreign countries without Congressional approval. I am not defending Nixon and only use him as an example.

Quote:
The man has a point. The Secretary of Defense in the video did state that they would go to the UN, and not to Congress for authorization to make war. The Secretary stated that they would "let Congress know" after the fact. That's a direct breach of the separation of powers in the Constitution, and is an impeachable offense. Personally, I would just rather vote the rat out of office in November.

Last edited:
I've never heard him say the UN is better than Congress.

George H. W. Bush, a pretty good president, went to the UN to get support for the first gulf war and got almost unanimous support. He was a true diplomat, unlike his son.

Last edited:
I've never heard him say the UN is better than Congress.

George H. W. Bush, a pretty good president, went to the UN to get support for the first gulf war and got almost unanimous support. He was a true diplomat, unlike his son.

Exchange the word better with the phrase "Has higher authority to go to war"

Last edited:
Lindsay Graham was talking about the congress having the power to authorize going to war, which they do.
Just because congress would authorize it doesn't mean it would be legal by international law.

We could declare war on anyone but it wouldn't be legal.

Impeachment is not done by international law either. so would that make impeachment illegal also? does the UN have a say in impeachment?

"If he can wipe out the war powers authorization, why can't he wipe out Congress's authority to spend?" asked Fein. " If we're going to be a government of laws, and not descend into empire, this is Caesar crossing the Rubicon."

Mathew3590 I think you did a good thing getting this out.

Mods, please be patient with this and us.
bow.gif

Lindsay Graham was talking about the congress having the power to authorize going to war, which they do.
Just because congress would authorize it doesn't mean it would be legal by international law.

We could declare war on anyone but it wouldn't be legal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom