OCTOBER HATCH-A-LONG!!! 2015

I had a Halloween hatch! Or I think, it was hatching yesterday and hatched today. I named her (hopefully her) Breeze. She is part Easter Egger but is barred, which means likely the father was my Barred Rock rooster, Dominator.
She has one other egg from the same hen that will hopefully hatch soon.

Breeze peeking out from her adopted momma, Princess

Yeah for everyones successes!
Failure for me. Temp deviation in incubator did them in I think. Setting again this evening, 24 fertile eggs from trader joes.

Last edited:
I had a Halloween hatch! Or I think, it was hatching yesterday and hatched today. I named her (hopefully her) Breeze. She is part Easter Egger but is barred, which means likely the father was my Barred Rock rooster, Dominator. She has one other egg from the same hen that will hopefully hatch soon. Breeze peeking out from her adopted momma, Princess
What an adorable setting! So sweet. Just precious. I've been away for quite some time but I'm back. Wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone. And congrats on the successes. God bless y'all!
2764.png

Candled some of my eggs 7 out of 11 icelandics showing life, 6 bobwhites as other eggs where broke from shipping out of 15 are showing life cant see in cortunix eggs have 24 in hopefully they growing

Autumn, the second chick, just finished hatching. It was an assisted hatching, just because I was so worried about it being a green egg. They sometimes have too thick shells for chicks to hatch, and more then one chick from the green eggs have died shortly before or shortly after hatching.
Autumn was encouraged by the sound of her sibling, Breeze, and her mother's gently calls. Every few hours I pulled her out and opened the egg up more, but I gave her the chance to reposition herself on her own if she wanted.

She bled pretty bad when I accidentally nicked a vein, but she seems strong and lively. I slipped her carefully back under her mother and removed the smelly egg shell (her mother had pooped on it and plugged some of the breathing holes).

I hope they are both strong and healthy in the morning.

Best of luck to you all!

Back
Top Bottom