Odd resting possition... lays down with legs stretched out... thought it was dead at first.

Steadfast1

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 30, 2012
Lilburn, GA
I can't ever seem to get a picture of her doing it since once she hears or sees me she gets up and startes walking around, but I'm starting to get concerned. She's a Cuckoo Maran that I picked up about 3 weeks ago. A week ago I started the girls on Corid after seeing signs of Coccidiosis, mainly in the cuckoo (wabbly unsteardy legs, walks as if unbalanced, less active than rest of flock). The rest of the girls all seem fine, but this one still seems odd and she just doesn't seem to be responding to the Corid after 5 days. After seeing her laying down in the run like a rubber chicken I was almost certain she had passed, but as I came out to check on her she picked her head up to look at me, then got up and walked off to the rest of the girls. Am I crazy or is there something weird about this type of behavior? Other than the unsteady legs and weird laying down thing she seems okay, eats well, drinks, and search as I may I don't see any blood in any droppings I find to inspect.

Could there be something else I may be missing?

Scared me the first time I saw it as well. She's the only one that I ever catch laying out like that. The rest will squat in the mud or dirt and bath from time to time, but that looks nothing like what the Cuckoo is doing which is what got me concerned.

Yea i was a little worried too, can we confirm there’s nothing wrong with this?

Attachments

• FD1900A5-804A-4371-BC27-B5AF0A7E6311.jpeg
    FD1900A5-804A-4371-BC27-B5AF0A7E6311.jpeg
    801.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 7B58CE51-2FEF-409B-85E1-7CA4577ABCF8.jpeg
    7B58CE51-2FEF-409B-85E1-7CA4577ABCF8.jpeg
    806.1 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom