Ended Official BYC 2021 Summer Fair—Fair Food Contest

We don't do sweet on meat here either. But they are cool looking and it's nice the rest of the family liked them :D
Thanks NFC. It was fun to make these with the boys. I’m a bit irritated with myself for letting some of the edges burn on the bacon. Don’t make these while cooking dinner!

Bacon cannoli. The boys helped fill them, that was fun :gig This is also something we’ve never tried before. I’m sorry I don’t have filling pics, I was also making dinner.. I put it in a plastic baggie and cut off one corner to pipe it into the cannolis. View attachment 2739213View attachment 2739215View attachment 2739214
ingredients
View attachment 2739539
I used thick cut bacon but I think regular sliced would work better because you can wrap it better and overlap to form a solid tube. To get the bacon off the foil I twisted the ends in opposite directions to make it small enough to slide the cannolis off without breaking them. After piping in the filling we dipped the ends in chocolate chips but did not dust with powdered sugar.
Yum! They look delicious :drool
You did it Mad! Bet the kids enjoyed them :D
Definitely :lol: they had never seen fried oreos so they were confused at first with that I was doing with pancake mix and oreos.
Thanks NFC. It was fun to make these with the boys. I’m a bit irritated with myself for letting some of the edges burn on the bacon. Don’t make these while cooking dinner!
I love crispy bacon, they look perfect to me! Great job!

congrats_5.gif

Congratulations to our winners:
@HomesteaderWife, @igorsMistress, & @BirdsBeesTrees

First Place - @HomesteaderWife
@casportpony pony inspired me by providing that funnel cake recipe....oh my goodness. We've got belly aches now LOL! I have always wanted to try making it- it was my all time favorite fair food. Wasn't the best at pouring and forming the cakes, but it went down just fine!

(Oil is not in ingredients photo, sorry, it was in the pan heating!)

IMG_3840.jpg IMG_3841.jpg IMG_3844.jpg IMG_3846.jpg IMG_3847.jpg

Second Place - @igorsMistress
Hi all. We decided to try something we’ve never had before as one of our entries here, and dessert was first :) We made Fried Oreos
Ingredients, plus oil for frying
B5EE8738-18A6-4806-9C21-2B8D78139CDA.jpeg

process, these take just a few minutes
A0D8911C-825A-4A82-9713-BB963D3C00AA.jpeg
87F8D32E-3061-4565-813B-6D51919A4E40.jpeg

Dessert is ready
F544F386-86F2-4876-979C-DAC8F380FBCB.jpeg

Recipe link
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/166081/deep-fried-oreos/

Third Place- @BirdsBeesTrees
Not from scratch, (probably doesn't count) but easy treats. Heat oil to 375'F, drop 2-4 Twinkies into oil. Cook for 1 minutes turning them every 20 seconds. Pull out of oil with tongs onto paper towels for a couple minutes. Put on plates or platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Ta Da!

Fried Twinkies:
IMG_1549.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG

Thank you to everyone who participated!!

@HomesteaderWife, @igorsMistress, & @BirdsBeesTrees, I will be in contact with each of you shortly with information on how to claim your prize.

Back
Top Bottom