Ended Official BYC 2023 Summer Fair Contest—Equine Show Ring

Pics
This is Wanda, a sweet girl who took years of loyal riding and training to rid her of a irrational fear of Walmart bags. Hailing from a nearby Ranch, which I work at, Wanda has definitely matured and grown into a brilliant "customer" worthy horse.
original_f8e1559b-6f82-4803-9328-70ebd5c59dc2_Screenshot_20220207-122941.jpg

tempImage71dkac.jpg

This is Fiona, my 25-year-old OTTB mare. Her jockey club name is "A Mere Whisper." In her youth she ran one race and came in last, then not much is known about where she went or what she did until 2010, when she was rescued by a friend of mine out of the kill buyer's pen after an auction. After rehabbing her, my friend found she wasn't a fit for her lesson program, so I started riding her and she's been mine since 2014.
Even at 25, the vet has cleared her as still sound for moderate riding. Even though she still likes to go fast and thinks she can jump anything, due to a small heart murmur she has to keep to short distances while galloping and stick to small jumps - which is perfect for me, I'm getting old too, and not as fit or brave as I used to be!
And, no I never turn her out with a halter unsupervised- I left it on her to let her run around and dry off after her bath while I took pictures of her in a rare clean state.

View attachment 3595892
This is Fiona, my 25-year-old OTTB mare. Her jockey club name is "A Mere Whisper." In her youth she ran one race and came in last, then not much is known about where she went or what she did until 2010, when she was rescued by a friend of mine out of the kill buyer's pen after an auction. After rehabbing her, my friend found she wasn't a fit for her lesson program, so I started riding her and she's been mine since 2014.
Even at 25, the vet has cleared her as still sound for moderate riding. Even though she still likes to go fast and thinks she can jump anything, due to a small heart murmur she has to keep to short distances while galloping and stick to small jumps - which is perfect for me, I'm getting old too, and not as fit or brave as I used to be!
And, no I never turn her out with a halter unsupervised- I left it on her to let her run around and dry off after her bath while I took pictures of her in a rare clean state.
Lovely shiny coat on Fiona!

I have no choice with China and her halter as you have no chance of catching her without one :lol: She was on full alert over the weekend! She’s pretty wick for a chunky pony!
BD30149C-FF9A-4527-9714-C9CB8004661B.jpeg

Meet Misti. A 17 year old Tennessee Walker who was never meant to be my show horse, but when my other mare had major lameness issues and was unexpectedly retired, Misti had to fill her shoes. There were definitely a lot of bumps on the way, and still are, but above all Misti is such a calm and pleasant mare. She tries her heart out at everything I could throw at her. She wants to please and is very trustworthy. Last year i was riding her through a far field on the neighbors property when the bridle became undone and the bit dropped out of her mouth. She calmly and swiftly carried me home and halted a the pasture gate like “ok we are here what next mom”? She’s such a good good girl who had never experienced showing for all of her life until I acquired her, but I am more than grateful for this pleasant little girl. The picture shows her enjoying a nice roll after a long long day of riding. Most people think it’s crazy to let her get all dirty right away, but she works her butt off for me so I let her do what she enjoys.
F76C62F9-2EA1-471A-B412-9283304172DB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom