Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

I have a question @sumi.....Does the article have to be informational? Like could I write an article with different profiles of each chicken in our flock? Thanks!
For this contest we prefer informational articles, so we can potentially add them to the Learning Center. If you'd like to write an article on your flock, you can make a Chicken Page for them:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/5/My_Chickens

We're up to 12 entries already!
thumbsup.gif
You guys are awesome!

Ralpie..... in your signature, it says you offer guinea fowl for waterfowl removal.

Pray tell, why would you want to remove them? Got any guineas trained to attract waterfowl?
lol.png

Pray tell, why would I want to attract a smelly, stinky, dirty, slimy, rotten, ill-tempered, worthless, poop creating waterfowl?

I was talked into some geese once by a 4-h girl that was about 11 years old when I bought my guineas from her. Little did I know she was a master sales person, spawned by the devil himself to cause evil and spread disease ridden waterfowl upon the multitudes of innocents God had failed to reach with the story of the Serpent and the goose in the Garden Of Eden.

Few people know it was actually the goose that put the serpent up to getting Eve to eat that apple. The Serpent was just another innocent pawn in the goose's evil plan of world domination.....

Whew, I hope I did not offend too many, I held back my true feelings about waterfowl as much as humanly possible on this little rant...

Thank you and good day
I feel so much better getting that off my chest....

lau.gif
duc.gif

Here are some ideas for articles:

Worming your flock
Salmonella (how to prevent it or deal with it)
Chicken obesity
Selling Eggs (tips, tricks, how much, how?)
Uses for eggshells

Here are some topics and ideas for you all:

- Tips for transporting chickens (for example when moving house or going to a show).
- A guide to showing poultry.
- What to look for when buying chicks/chickens.
- Setting up an area for safely free ranging chickens.
- Keeping chickens in the city.
- The correct and proper way to handle chickens.
- Picking, raising and training a LGD (livestock guardian dog) / Training your family dog(s) to cohabit with the flock without problems.
- Chicken coop cleaning and maintenance.

How about a "quick start guide" for those looking to buy chicks, ducklings, goslings, keets, or peachicks. It could include the very basic stuff needed for those just getting into poultry. I mention this because I sell young fowl, and many people show up unprepared.

All the different species have different requirements... Housing, heat, feed, etc.

How nice would it be to have all this in one place? Then I wouldn't have to explain it to each buyer, I could just send them a link to the article.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I would love to see someone write an article on how to examine a sick/injured bird based on this:

Few members posted these ideas

I think Bert is going to live, We got all the maggots out and he seems to be healing well. He is up walking around and even acting perky.

I am not sure a VET or strict organic person would like what we did but he lived! We are happy. We are thinking of putting him back in his run with his flock again he is doing so well.

Thanks for the suggestions and well wishes.

Back
Top Bottom