Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #9 - Write and Win!

Pics
Great article!!
Maybe change the title tho, and add tags, using more common words.
Like... 'Heat Bulb Toxic Fumes'....or...'Heat Lamp Fumes Kill Chickens'...or..??
Will make it easier to find in searches.
I would also add the pic of package from the recent thread.
Wonders if other 'safety coated' bulbs have that warning?

Curious...is PTFE the only compound used for this purpose?

Great work @BantyChooks !

Maybe change the title tho, and add tags, using more common words.
Like... 'Heat Bulb Toxic Fumes'....or...'Heat Lamp Fumes Kill Chickens'...or..??
Will make it easier to find in searches.
I added tags; looks like it comes up first in a BYC search for 'teflon poisoning' but yep, might not hurt to change it. :thumbsup I'll see if I can think of anything.

I am still looking for images of the coated bulbs themselves to put in, but as of yet I have not found anyone owning one and I won't be going into town for a while yet.

Can always add later.
Yep. That and a few other things I'm looking for will be added as I get them.

Funny how I'm never really 'done' articles. Even ones I wrote well over a year ago are still edited for clarity, grammar, or to add some cool feature.

I proofread this one multiple times myself and had four other people do it too, yet I'm sure I'll spot some terrible stylistic error shortly that seems impossible to miss. :rolleyes: Doesn't seem to matter if I write it and publish it in an hour or take a week like I did with this one.

Yep. That and a few other things I'm looking for will be added as I get them.

Funny how I'm never really 'done' articles. Even ones I wrote well over a year ago are still edited for clarity, grammar, or to add some cool feature.

I proofread this one multiple times myself and had four other people do it too, yet I'm sure I'll spot some terrible stylistic error shortly that seems impossible to miss. :rolleyes: Doesn't seem to matter if I write it and publish it in an hour or take a week like I did with this one.
Proof reading takes many eyes, even then.......

Back
Top Bottom