Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2012

How reassuring! My girls haven't had a proper moult before so to wake up almost overnight with a house full of feathers and my beautiful babies looking like mini-dinosaurs frightened the life out of me - I would send photos but having seen some of the ones you have posted already I'm glad to say even Babs wouldn't stand a chance of losing, er winning!!

i know the girls was jelou of me new jaquar jacket but honestly camera debute anit up, well you no what i mean

I am still new at this could someone please tell me what a "Frizzle" is?
images
It's a type of feathering that any breed of chicken can have, lots of different colors...Some people think it is a breed, but it isn't. I believe the gene for frizzle feathers is dominant.
images
images

dont laugh it could happen to you, i went skinny dipping and they pinched me jackent and shorts, uh, you shouldnt film me naked son, am familly

Same here, mine are only 6 months old, just started laying really good, Love the critters, lost two though, newbie, killed them with kindness maybe? anyway, do they molt the first year? its still fairly warm especially during the day in Central Miss. THEY are getting friendlier and chatter away now. tthey start talking about snacks soon as i drive up in the afternoons. We normally share a few grapes every afternoon, amongst other things!! LOL

thanx for anyl info!

3 black sex links, 2 rhodesian/labrador mix, 2 manx kitties, 1 gold fish, a share of a Palomino Appaloosa i gave my sister, and numerous turtles in the pond including a couple rescued by a friend with bondo repairing their shells. THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!!

My speckled Sussex, Gladys, molted in September. She lost more after this picture was taken but it's the best I have.

The best part was when she got out of the backyard. A neighbor came by and said "Umm, I think one of you chickens is out and she looks really baaaaddd. Is she sick?"

How long does the molting last? Because I've got feathers all over the place and I'm afraid they will get cold this winter. I'm in Indiana and we're going to get a cold snap Thursday night. It's suppose to drop about 25 degrees.
Red Pepper

Back
Top Bottom