Ended Official BYC Coop Article Contest - 2017 - Win a Auto Coop Door Kit!

We started with needs of our chicks. Keep them safe (hawks and owls) while allowing them range as needed.

To match scalability and the modest surroundings of our "Arts and Crafts" home and neighborhood, we designed and crafted to compliment our home with matching roof pitch and fence.

To assist in maintenance, we placed the house on wheels to maximize mobility for easy cleaning.

The coop fence and convertible fence top is easily removed (hinge and pin assembly) to assist in access and portability.

For egg harvesting, we opted for hinged roofs and slide (red) access points on three sides for brooder boxes.

As we live in a moderate to hot climate of SoCal, ventilation is important with extreme sunshine and heat.

For hydration, we opted for a built-in pvc plumbed nipple system that connects to our automatic sprinklers to meet the demands of our seasons and, of course, our ladies. For hot days, an automatic misting system turns on when temps exceed 89f degrees.

For food, we've opted for a pvc tube laying mash feeding station that feeds the crew for up to a week between refills.

We've enclosed all acces points with a reinforced, light duty tight mesh to minimize vermin and rodent.

Enjoy!

IMG_0164.JPG IMG_0167.JPG IMG_0168.JPG IMG_0170.JPG IMG_0173.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    657.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    462 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0558.JPG
    IMG_0558.JPG
    468.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    674 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1714.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    669.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    558.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    800.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1746.JPG
    IMG_1746.JPG
    478.4 KB · Views: 9
Will Chicken Gaurdian consider previous winners? :p :hmm ;):lol:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/in-the-norway-pines-coop.63290/

Shouldn't have played my cards so soon! LOL.

Anyways good luck all. I can't tell you enough how previous postings helped me with my build. These articles of ingenuity are beyond valuable to future chicken owners and coop builders. Get out the cameras, take notes of tips and tricks, make an article, win a beautiful chicken door!

Back
Top Bottom