Ended Official BYC Coop Page Contest #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have plans. I just have a husband. 😂 The luxury kitchen and bath manager for a large remodeling company. He built my coop and Chicken run from a model home they used to use at the home show showing their siding and windows available. And an old greenhouse frame. There were no plans. He just kind of built it on the fly. Then I took off because they bought me tools adding perches and toys and ramps. I'll be happy to add my pictures. But I'm not savvy enough to say anything about how it was built. And there are probably many mistakes some of which I have fixed along the way but I'm sure there are still many that people could point out.
Hi!
I've been gone. Working on the road, then got logged out. Forgot my log in info. 🤣😂🤣

Current entries:
Rough cut lumber coop

Rough cut lumber coop

All lumber used from an old 1993 woodmizer sawmill except 4ft treated in the ground. 1st step was putting posts in the ground. I leveled and squared the posts. Decided on a 32ft by 12ft footprint with posts 8ft apart. Used a string level to set the posts and laser level to trim the tops of...
Raptor Chickens Coop Build

Raptor Chickens Coop Build

First of all, every thing I know, which is miniscule is from this site. I am NOT an expert of anything chicken related. That being said I have many years as a general carpenter and for the last 5 work in a custom wood mill. So I'm not a novice. However this was a rushed "slap together" deal...
Garden shed / chicken coop

Garden shed / chicken coop

We purchased a 12x20' garden shed from an Amish builder in Wisconsin. They hauled it out here. They set it where we had already had a level base of sand and several inches of pea gravel. We built a wall 5 feet from the right with a door to separate the coop from the garden shed and...
Pallet CoopMagedon

Pallet CoopMagedon

I am one to think outside the box and since I live in a limited fixed income I am always looking for cheap but sturdy ideas. That's why my first coop, when I had 1 rescue chicken was made of an old solid wood cabinet. It was 2ft × 3ft and it worked great for her. This year I enlarged my flock...
The Coop on PAL's Acres

The Coop on PAL's Acres

Welcome all to my Chicken Coop and Run build article! I appreciate you taking the time to stop by to read and/or just look at the pictures. Just a bit of forewarning, I tend to OVER TAKE pictures as I like to to capture the whole process from start to finish. Background: A year ago, my family...
Bear proof chicken den

Bear proof chicken den

I call it bear proof because mine was the only one this bear didn't get into. Guy up the street lost his whole flock. I did lose 2 on the first night but after that the bear couldn't cope So originally it was built on 24" centers. Clad in osb, typer, miranti and used steel roofing. 25° roof...
Quackingham Palace part 1

Quackingham Palace part 1

Quackingham Palace....... Last year my brothers built me a new duck house, and covered pen. I helped some when they needed some extra help but they did most of it. We were able to cut the expenses a little with using supplies that are around the house like… old 2x4s, windows, doors, plywood...
Quackingham palace part 2

Quackingham palace part 2

The Hen House....... The chicken coop 4’x8’x7’ Floor plan The chicken coop cost about $466.00. So with the duck house, pen and chicken house together it cost about $2,560. That’s not counting all the supplies that I already had or got for free. Building the foundation Putting the first...
Nuthatchs' Boid House

Nuthatchs' Boid House

Nuthatchs' Boid House Greetings, one and all Here's my coop's DIY page, where I attempt to translate my mediocre-at-best sewing skills into "I hope I don't maim myself permanently." carpentry skills. *Please note that the materials guide is approximate for the framing lumber as most of it was...
Coop using old shed!

Coop using old shed!

Hello everyone, This is my primary coop. I repurposed this old shed, fixed MANY issues with it. This little barn has been in existence for many years. I cut a hole in the back of it, and custom welded a beautiful run. I also custom made nesting boxes, as well as roosts from 2x4 lumber. I...
Coop idea using arrow building and custom made run!

Coop idea using arrow building and custom made run!

Hello everyone, This is my new(er) coop. I can use it for ducks, chickens, turkeys, or whatever bird I have on the farm. This is an arrow shed. I leveled a place with the tractor, brought in dozens of loads of dirt to level where the building sits. I made a frame and poured 50+ bags of...
The Pecker Palace

The Pecker Palace

Created in 3D software first. Then the real work began. Zero carpentry experience. Made some mistakes, but overall pretty happy with the end results. The ladies love it!

Armada Los Pollos

Badger Farm’s Armada Los Pollos

Badger Farm’s Armada Los Pollos

Finally, here are photos of the Armada los Pollos. We purchased the coop/run plan from Third Coast Craftsman, and modified it a bit, We liked the coop and run design, but weren’t too crazy about the coop doors looking like a barn. Also decided against the two coop windows over the nesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom