Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #2 - Tell us your best chicken story and you c

Oh, what a bittersweet story! I loved it. Everything has a end, and for some of our stories, the end has just not come yet. Gingie sounds like a real sweetheart, too bad you couldn't incubate that egg.

Oh, what a bittersweet story! I loved it. Everything has a end, and for some of our stories, the end has just not come yet. Gingie sounds like a real sweetheart, too bad you couldn't incubate that egg.

I know! Oh, my goodness! I didn't get over the initial shock till morning and when I did I immediately thought that I had two of her (Gingie's ) eggs in the refrigerator. But there were both about a week old, but I had to try, so I went and got an incubator set it all up and set her two eggs, this all happened the next day. but neither one turned out to hatch. They both were infertile from being in the fridge too long. I guess I never thought of hatching Izzy's egg. I should have!

To add, I knew absolutely nothing about hatching but had no broodies. But I got Silkie eggs from Florida and hatched them in the incubator. I have a whole bunch of stories I could tell about them too. But I know we're only allowed one. Haha.
1f601.png

Last edited:
Well, at least you tried, and you will always have that beautiful memory to love and cherish.

Yes, I have a few pictures of her as well, but I sadly can't upload the kind of memory card they are on into my tablet. I would have shared one of her.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it though! I really appreciate it! And for all your nice comments!

Back
Top Bottom