Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #2 - Tell us your best chicken story and you c

Okay, so, these photos aren't great quality because I took a picture of a picture off of my other camera, but I had to find a way to share some photos of Gingie. So here they are! Hopefully you guys can at least somewhat see her...

Gingie- The Bravest Little Silkie Hen

I had to get the tissues out - a very touching story and sorry things didn't work out happy in the end.
hit.gif

Thanks for sharing your story about Gingie .

Most folks don't see poultry as pets, wish they could read this. It's a well written and demonstrates the love and bond we have for our chickens.

Awwwwww, Gingie was so cute! :love

Thank you so much! I know, she was so adorable! I loved her so much!

I had to get the tissues out - a very touching story and sorry things didn't work out happy in the end. :hit

Thanks for sharing your story about Gingie .

Most folks don't see poultry as pets, wish they could read this.   It's a well written and demonstrates the love and bond we have for our chickens.      

Of course! I haven't shared her story in a while since this happened in 2013, but I still think about her all the time. I think Sophie missed her too, we didn't have another Silkie Hen for him, and he just was never the same he became grumpy and really aggressive, so we gave him away to a good home, as far as I know he is still doing well and trudging on. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it! I so wished that it had a happy ending. I cried for Gingie for months, she was the most adorable little stick of dynamite ever! I loved everything about her! I love my chickie girls so much! They are much more than just poultry! I could NEVER kill a chicken! I view them more as my babies. Thank you so much for all your kind words and for taking the time to read it!

Forgive me if you said so in the story, was Gingie a Buff silkie? I want to get some buffs next year! (I want to get about 50 breeds next year. Lol and it ain't gonna happen. :hit)

Forgive me if you said so in the story, was Gingie a Buff silkie? I want to get some buffs next year! (I want to get about 50 breeds next year. Lol and it ain't gonna happen. :hit)

She was actually a partridge Silkie. She was reddish brown with some gold. As far as I could tell at least. But Gingie wasn't 100% Silkie. She was actually mixed with something else along the way, because she had a single comb and white skin. But, I do have a reddish-buff female Silkie right now that I got this year and she is an unbearded and she is just adorable! I think you couldnt go wrong with any color silkie! They are all amazing!

Here's a picture of Chai:

Oh, and I totally get what you said! Haha, I could make a huge list of the breeds I want next year and I know I won't be able to get them! Haha.

Back
Top Bottom