Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #2 - Tell us your best chicken story and you c

HOW I BECAME THE CRAZY CHICKEN LADY

"Consuela" the lone chicken wandered up our driveway one day and never left. One day she hurt her leg. I was really upset at the salon and one of my clients could tell. I told her about Consuelas leg and how sad we were. Small world-her husband is a vet that specializes in chickens!!! He has bred and showed them his entire life! We made a trade-her salon service for his vet service and he fixed Consuela.
celebrate.gif

A couple months later disaster struck-Consuela got locked out of her coop one night and a predator got her
hit.gif
Again I had to go into work after finding her on the lawn that morning and bawling my eyes out. My client just so happened to be in that day again. I told her what had happened and she cried with me. She immediately texted her husband and the next thing I knew, she was telling me how sorry she was for me and that her husband wanted to give me a "special" gift. She told me about these little amazing chickens he breeds and shows called seramas and had a pair for me! I got Barry and Patty a couple days later (Barry for Bill & Sheree) and Patty (for Patterson).

I am now the proud owner of over 150 chickens of all different breeds and breeding and showing seramas at a national level! I have made about 50 new close friends and finally have a hobby that I love and am passionate about. God works in mysterious ways and even during times of trouble or sorrow He is with us always and always has a plan
love.gif

I loved that story, meltel! I started reading without looking at who had posted it, then I thought ''hey, the names Barry and Patty sound awful familiar, I looked at who posted it and realized, ''Of course! They are meltels!

"Consuela" the lone chicken wandered up our driveway one day and never left. One day she hurt her leg. I was really upset at the salon and one of my clients could tell. I told her about Consuelas leg and how sad we were. Small world-her husband is a vet that specializes in chickens!!! He has bred and showed them his entire life! We made a trade-her salon service for his vet service and he fixed Consuela.
celebrate.gif

A couple months later disaster struck-Consuela got locked out of her coop one night and a predator got her
hit.gif
Again I had to go into work after finding her on the lawn that morning and bawling my eyes out. My client just so happened to be in that day again. I told her what had happened and she cried with me. She immediately texted her husband and the next thing I knew, she was telling me how sorry she was for me and that her husband wanted to give me a "special" gift. She told me about these little amazing chickens he breeds and shows called seramas and had a pair for me! I got Barry and Patty a couple days later (Barry for Bill & Sheree) and Patty (for Patterson).

I am now the proud owner of over 150 chickens of all different breeds and breeding and showing seramas at a national level! I have made about 50 new close friends and finally have a hobby that I love and am passionate about. God works in mysterious ways and even during times of trouble or sorrow He is with us always and always has a plan
love.gif

Wonderful story, thank you for sharing it with us!

celebrate.gif

hit.gif

love.gif

Great story! Thank you for sharing it. I love your avatar.

I agree! Thank you so much!

When I first brought home my RIR Ginger she was only 5 day's old, so too small for the big coop in the yard and she slept in me and my husband Michaels room. My husband liked her to hang out on the bed with us before going in her pen and soon, Ginger would sit on my husbands shoulder and watch TV with him. The best was when they were watching football games lol. When Ginger became big enough to stay in the coop, as soon as it got dark she would cry for us to come get her. I sat in the coop and told her that she was now a big girl and had to sleep in the coop. Well she looked up at me and made a sad little sound and it hurt my heart. After a few night's of having to put her in the coop, she went in by herself and looked back and did a cluck with her big girl voice as to reassure us that she was good. I miss her hanging out watching football but it is like a human child, you have to let them grow.

"Consuela" the lone chicken wandered up our driveway one day and never left. One day she hurt her leg. I was really upset at the salon and one of my clients could tell. I told her about Consuelas leg and how sad we were. Small world-her husband is a vet that specializes in chickens!!! He has bred and showed them his entire life! We made a trade-her salon service for his vet service and he fixed Consuela. :celebrate

A couple months later disaster struck-Consuela got locked out of her coop one night and a predator got her :hit Again I had to go into work after finding her on the lawn that morning and bawling my eyes out. My client just so happened to be in that day again. I told her what had happened and she cried with me. She immediately texted her husband and the next thing I knew, she was telling me how sorry she was for me and that her husband wanted to give me a "special" gift. She told me about these little amazing chickens he breeds and shows called seramas and had a pair for me! I got Barry and Patty a couple days later (Barry for Bill & Sheree) and Patty (for Patterson). 

I am now the proud owner of over 150 chickens of all different breeds and breeding and showing seramas at a national level! I have made about 50 new close friends and finally have a hobby that I love and am passionate about. God works in mysterious ways and even during times of trouble or sorrow He is with us always and always has a plan :love

Both of these were beautiful stories! I enjoyed reading them a lot! Don't chickens just make the world a better place?

Yes they do and Thank you. I am anxiously awaiting my Trader Joes egg's in the bator that are due to hatch tomorrow. There are 5.

Oh, how cool! I hope your hatch has a good turnout! I always get so exciting with hatching eggs! It's almost better than Christmas, haha! Peck, babies, peck!
1f60a.png

When I first brought home my RIR Ginger she was only 5 day's old, so too small for the big coop in the yard and she slept in me and my husband Michaels room. My husband liked her to hang out on the bed with us before going in her pen and soon, Ginger would sit on my husbands shoulder and watch TV with him. The best was when they were watching football games lol. When Ginger became big enough to stay in the coop, as soon as it got dark she would cry for us to come get her. I sat in the coop and told her that she was now a big girl and had to sleep in the coop. Well she looked up at me and made a sad little sound and it hurt my heart. After a few night's of having to put her in the coop, she went in by herself and looked back and did a cluck with her big girl voice as to reassure us that she was good. I miss her hanging out watching football but it is like a human child, you have to let them grow.
love.gif
love the story, thanks for sharing it with us.

Back
Top Bottom