Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #3 - Decorate a Cake, Cupcake or Cookie and

Cake, Cupcake or Cookie Decorating Contest !!!

A simple challenge, just choose your favorite bakery item and decorate it with a chicken OR poultry theme.

You can bake from scratch or buy a mix or buy refrigerated cookie dough or undecorated cookies.

You can make your own frostings, fondants or toppings or buy them.

The design can be simple or elaborate…

@pookiegoldman

Serious or Funny…

@zatsdeb

PRIZES: The three best entries will receive a 2017 BYC Calendar!

RULES:

1. All entries must be submitted as a pic reply to this thread.
  2. NO limit on number of entries per member, but a maximum of two pics per entry.
  3. All decorations must be edible.
  4. Entries must be your own - kitchen helpers are allowed.
  5. No fake editing, photoshopping or captions.
  6. All BYC Rules apply.
  7. Have fun!

We will be accepting entries until Sunday the 11th of December

If you would like a calendar, without entering the contest, please see how to purchase one HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Great job everyone! I have zero decorating ability, so I'm not going to enter. I'm lucky if my cakes even look edible, haha!

Wow! Great job everyone! I have zero decorating ability, so I'm not going to enter. I'm lucky if my cakes even look edible, haha!

Oh, come on and try...it's doesn't have to be extravagant and with frostings you can wipe and redo til you get it the way you want..
yippiechickie.gif

Oh, come on and try...it's doesn't have to be extravagant and with frostings you can wipe and redo til you get it the way you want..:yiipchick

Trust me, I'm lucky if the cake itself doesn't end up looking like it went through an earthquake. Also, I'm putting myself on a diet, and if there's cake, no matter how ugly it is, I'll eat it!
1f601.png
1f382.png
1f370.png

Trust me, I'm lucky if the cake itself doesn't end up looking like it went through an earthquake. Also, I'm putting myself on a diet, and if there's cake, no matter how ugly it is, I'll eat it!
1f601.png
1f382.png
1f370.png

I understand..maybe you could just get one cookie and decorate it with flavors you don't like?
wink.png

@Blooie have you seen this contest??

Remembering your Easter Hat and Gloves Cake, I know you can do something awesome here....
yippiechickie.gif

@Blooie have you seen this contest??

Remembering your Easter Hat and Gloves Cake, I know you can do something awesome here....
yippiechickie.gif
Yep, I was just checking it out now......I'm so bad at baking I might make myself go out and buy a package of Ding Dongs and see what I can come up with. Oh, wait....has to be edible, doesn't it? <snap>

Yep, I was just checking it out now......I'm so bad at baking I might make myself go out and buy a package of Ding Dongs and see what I can come up with. Oh, wait....has to be edible, doesn't it? <snap>
You don't have to bake...just decorate
big_smile.png

Yeah, but I thought they had to be edible. Ding Dong are anything but!
lau.gif

Oh, wait...I just looked back. Only the decorations have to be edible. When I made my Easter bonnet, I used a store bought angel food cake. Um, it was supposed to be taller but the weight of the fondant kinda sorta smushed it flatter!
idunno.gif

Yeah, but I thought they had to be edible. Ding Dong are anything but!
lau.gif

Oh, wait...I just looked back. Only the decorations have to be edible. When I made my Easter bonnet, I used a store bought angel food cake. Um, it was supposed to be taller but the weight of the fondant kinda sorta smushed it flatter!
idunno.gif

Had to google Ding Dongs
lau.gif
Yep, those qualify - they are just cupcakes..

You can buy another angel food cake, use a mix, buy cookie dough...or baked cookies...and yes, Ding Dongs are OK..
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom