Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #3 - Decorate a Cake, Cupcake or Cookie and

sunflour

Flock Master
8 Years
Jan 10, 2013
Macon,GA

A simple challenge, just choose your favorite bakery item and decorate it with a chicken OR poultry theme.

You can bake from scratch or buy a mix or buy refrigerated cookie dough or undecorated cookies.

You can make your own frostings, fondants or toppings or buy them.

The design can be simple or elaborate…

@pookiegoldman

Serious or Funny…

@zatsdeb

PRIZES: The three best entries will receive a 2017 BYC Calendar!

RULES:

1. All entries must be submitted as a pic reply to this thread.
  2. NO limit on number of entries per member, but a maximum of two pics per entry.
  3. All decorations must be edible.
  4. Entries must be your own - kitchen helpers are allowed.
  5. No fake editing, photoshopping or captions.
  6. All BYC Rules apply.
  7. Have fun!

We will be accepting entries until Sunday the 11th of December

If you would like a calendar, without entering the contest, please see how to purchase one HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
So yesterday I was at the Fancy Flamingo Flea mall in Joplin, and found a chicken cookie cutter! When I shared it on BYC, they said, oh you should enter the cookie decorating contest! The other entries are intimidating and I'm no pastry chef, but I said what the heck, I can make gingerbread chickens, how hard can it be? Ha, 4 hours later, the kitchen and my clothes are a huge mess. This was my first attempt making and using Royal Icing, and it's everywhere!. This cookie cutter says on it, "3 French Hens" so it was originally part of a set. You can actually find them on Ebay, I just looked it up. They were made in the 1970's. People are selling entire or partial sets and individual cutters as well if you just want the chicken.

So the song can go, On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love sent to me 3 French hens, an extra French hen, and a rooster with a spotted tail...

gig.gif
here's...

Entry #1

Quote:
woot.gif

We'll see if my hands will work as well my brain thinks they will.
gig.gif

Maybe, just maybe...I'll have a new hobby.

That sounds interesting! (as long as I'm not workin' in the fields yet)
hmm.png

I could see painting on that one. I "think" I can paint/draw a rabbit...lol. But if the power tools work, maybe that too!

woot.gif
Power tools!!!

Now...just to figure what to do on this contest. Mental block.
hmm.png

I need to go sit with Blooie and her margarita's.
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom