Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #3 - Decorate a Cake, Cupcake or Cookie and

12750264_978826468820084_616918849_n.jpg

So yesterday I was at the Fancy Flamingo Flea mall in Joplin, and found a chicken cookie cutter! When I shared it on BYC, they said, oh you should enter the cookie decorating contest! The other entries are intimidating and I'm no pastry chef, but I said what the heck, I can make gingerbread chickens, how hard can it be? Ha, 4 hours later, the kitchen and my clothes are a huge mess. This was my first attempt making and using Royal Icing, and it's everywhere!. This cookie cutter says on it, "3 French Hens" so it was originally part of a set. You can actually find them on Ebay, I just looked it up. They were made in the 1970's. People are selling entire or partial sets and individual cutters as well if you just want the chicken.

So the song can go, On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love sent to me 3 French hens, an extra French hen, and a rooster with a spotted tail...

So yesterday I was at the Fancy Flamingo Flea mall in Joplin, and found a chicken cookie cutter! When I shared it on BYC, they said, oh you should enter the cookie decorating contest! The other entries are intimidating and I'm no pastry chef, but I said what the heck, I can make gingerbread chickens, how hard can it be? Ha, 4 hours later, the kitchen and my clothes are a huge mess. This was my first attempt making and using Royal Icing, and it's everywhere!. This cookie cutter says on it, "3 French Hens" so it was originally part of a set. You can actually find them on Ebay, I just looked it up. They were made in the 1970's. People are selling entire or partial sets and individual cutters as well if you just want the chicken.

So the song can go, On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love sent to me 3 French hens, an extra French hen, and a rooster with a spotted tail...

Great job, They are lovely, and look tasty
jumpy.gif

It obviously would take a lot of practice, but it is very fun. I had even more fun making a cookie video for my 4 yr old granddaughter---with Snowflake the polar bear puppet doing the decorating....

Back
Top Bottom