Official BYC Mini Contest #5 - Take a picture of your Poultry with their 'Other' Friends Contest

Toto(9) and Louisa(3 1/2) "Two old gossips"

Tillie and the gang "Chick Magnet"
Tillie is mostly blind, but the chickens walk with him and help him get around, especially the big rooster, Butch(total sweetheart). They are all also dust bath and nap buddies.

Last edited:

Our OEGB, Elsa, hatched us two quail chicks. She's been amazing and her first chick, Flower, is very attached to her. Her second chick, Spook (the little yellow blob in the foreground) has been handled by us more and it's very cuddly and sweet. The chicks were hatched a week apart and Elsa did not leave her nest for over a week, knowing there was still life in an egg. This gave Flower a week to grow and be quick enough to get out of the way of her busy broody scratching but Spook has needed us to cuddle him/her at these times.

Hope it's ok that our Elsa is in the Broody Stink Eye competition too - this was just such a gorgeous photo of her and Flower.

obviously, this is NOT AN ENTRY, as i started this thread, but here is my Chicken Peach with Miss Trixie enjoying a snack

Memphis and my olive egger roo.

sounds about right!!!

We have one of those too - she was really upset, when I let all the chickens out of the juvie pen once they were big enough to free range. She tried very hard to make them all go back in the coop. LOL

(These are not for the contest.)

Our's is about 5-6 months now. She still has a while to grow.

Pretty dog @kajira

sounds about right!!!
We have one of those too - she was really upset, when I let all the chickens out of the juvie pen once they were big enough to free range. She tried very hard to make them all go back in the coop. LOL
(These are not for the contest.) Our's is about 5-6 months now. She still has a while to grow.
mines now 10 months old and 90lbs :oops: she's getting big. Expecting 120lb to 150lb grown. She loves water :gig. These pics are from earlier this summer when it was hot. Not for the contest of course ;)

Back
Top Bottom