Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest Series—What's Your Hobby?

One of my hobbies is crocheting, I mostly do stuffed animals but I've made a few articles of clothing. I'm also currently on a sweater. I've been crocheting for a year and a half now and I mostly do it at night as it helps we wind down and sort through my day.View attachment 3677745View attachment 3677746View attachment 3677747View attachment 3677749
Oh fun 🤩 how long did the little black cat take you? I’ve been wanting to start crocheting small figures

One of my hobbies is DIY, especially repurposing household items and life hacks. It's really fun using my hands and creating things that I can use. I do it whenever I have time, and mostly make DIY gifts for my family. Years ago, I made a foosball table for my brother with a giant cardboard box from a lawn equipment thing, chopsticks, pingpong balls, hot glue, duct tape, and paint.
The pictures are things I made with old picture frames. I had an extra one so I kept the plastic part and used it as a whiteboard
IMG_20231107_182444342.jpg
IMG_20231107_183000862.jpg

I also love reading as you can see from the bookshelf. One of my dreams is to have a whole room designated to be a library. I read whenever I have time to spare, such as on the car or waiting for an appointment. I like historical fiction, biographies, and fantasy the best, but I'm willing to read anything (except horror novels lol) from commentaries to murder mysteries.
(I also like buying books 😉)
IMG_20231107_183201401.jpg

One of my hobbies is DIY, especially repurposing household items and life hacks. It's really fun using my hands and creating things that I can use. I do it whenever I have time, and mostly make DIY gifts for my family. Years ago, I made a foosball table for my brother with a giant cardboard box from a lawn equipment thing, chopsticks, pingpong balls, hot glue, duct tape, and paint.
The pictures are things I made with old picture frames. I had an extra one so I kept the plastic part and used it as a whiteboard
View attachment 3678802View attachment 3678803
That’s so fun what is your favorite thing you have DIYed? I also love diying and used to make cardboard candy vending machines when I was 5-6 years old

Mine is doodling characters and animals.
  • What is it that you love about this hobby? I get to be creative!
  • When do you do the Hobby? Any free time I have
  • What sacrifices do you make to be able to practice your hobby? Not doing work sometimes...
  • Are you an amateur? An adept? An expert? I've done it forever, but I still consider myself an amateur.
  • Are you lucky enough that this hobby is part of your job/income? Nope, it's just for fun!

Mine is doodling characters and animals.
  • What is it that you love about this hobby? I get to be creative!
  • When do you do the Hobby? Any free time I have
  • What sacrifices do you make to be able to practice your hobby? Not doing work sometimes...
  • Are you an amateur? An adept? An expert? I've done it forever, but I still consider myself an amateur.
  • Are you lucky enough that this hobby is part of your job/income? Nope, it's just for fun!

Another one of my hobbies is singing! I'm trying to perfect "Country Roads" right now, it's got good note variation.
Don't forget to add at least one picture to each post. :D
1699738774612.png

My latest hobby is showing Moon Pie, a1976 Pacer. This little car creates more smiles per miles than any classic car I've owned. She's a one car parade and requires a security guard when going to the gas station. Moon Pie went through a major restoration in 1998 and was obviously a beloved car. When her owner died, she ended up in a Corvette museum where she enjoyed the royal life. She's adjusted well to farm life in the South. She' been upgraded with power brakes, rebuilt rack n pinion, and is scheduled for an engine rebuild this winter. Though she only has 35,000 miles, gaskets and lifters go bad. Even so, I enjoy taking her out for Sunday drives.
STC_0044.JPG

DSCN6676.JPG

Last edited:
That’s so fun what is your favorite thing you have DIYed? I also love diying and used to make cardboard candy vending machines when I was 5-6 years old
that's cute! I tried doing that with Lego. One of my favorite things I DIYed is a superhero costume for my quail Bob made out of old clothing. His alibi was Super Bob lol. Of course, he didn't like wearing it, so the costume was scrapped later :D

Back
Top Bottom