Official BYC Poll: How Many Chickens Do You Have + How Many Chickens On BYC?

How many chickens do you have in your flock ?

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • 1 - 3

Votes: 94 6.3%
  • 4 - 5

Votes: 166 11.1%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 234 15.6%
  • 9 - 12

Votes: 225 15.0%
  • 13 - 15

Votes: 142 9.5%
  • 16 - 25

Votes: 239 16.0%
  • 26 - 50

Votes: 228 15.2%
  • 51 - 100

Votes: 100 6.7%
  • 100+

Votes: 53 3.5%

• Total voters
Pics
I'm not lazy but the totals are so messed up in this poll that I have NO illusions that any sort of total I put here is going to be accurate as It first went badly wrong at post 25 and hasn't even remotely been correct since despite the efforts of a number of well meaning people to correct it, most of whom were igonored by subsequant posters anyway. The only way this poll is going to have any sort of meaning at all is if the moderator goes through each post and adds it up himself after the poll closes. At any rate I don't have the time to go through 600 posts and even if I did its obvious the count isn't going to stay accrate after I post even if later posters accept my numbers, which seems highly unlikley given the evidence in the previous post in this thread so I'm just going to post what I have and let it go at that since I don't want to make assumptions based on what I alreay know is extremely flawed data.

I have 77 French standard Black Copper Marans (with feathered feet)
12 Golden Comets
150 Rhode Island Reds
5 Barred Rocks
Total 244 if I counted right

I also have 40 Layer ducks
20 Khacki Campbells (unless they killed another one, they fight a LOT and I need to cull the more agressive ones but they look so much alike I need to catch them right after the act which is proving very difficult)
15 Welsh Harliquins ( they never seem to fight, much better disposition than the Campbells)
5 Sivler appleyards

Fell free to add my totals into your illusions of what the real total is but keep in mind that you are really wasting your time unless you add up the numbers yourself starting at least as far back as post 25 and that is going to take you a while.

10 Hens ...all nice old girls living in a HenSpa & free ranging in so. IN. All over 4yrs. old and still giving 1-2 doz. eggs a week.

1 Standard
2 White Rock
1 Barred Rock
1 Domenique
3 Americaunas/ee's
1 Silver Wyandotte
1 Golden Wyandotte

(Previous ?total 'TOTAL RIGHT NOW - 7236' add my 10 ...)

Current total 7246

pwyll, if you take a look at post #301 at the top of page 31, you'll see someone has already gone to the trouble of going through each page to then. Harry's chick then corrected the total to #317, and I have just given the up-to date corrected total of 7236. So yes, the totals have been all over the place, but should be now pretty right. Sure, they're going to get out of kilter again, but we only need to go back to the most recent checkpoint.

20 Cinnamon Queens
1 Blue Orpington
25 Blue or Black Ameraucana hens (not sure exactly how many of each color)
11 Blue or Balck Ameraucana roosters
___
57 total as of this post
wink.png

Last edited:
I have 40:
2 RI Reds
2 RI buffs
5 Black Australops
5 unknown large whites
26 Plymoth Bared Rocks

New total (I think) is 7356

Last edited:
2 silkies (fifi and puff), 2 barred rocks (peaches and sweet pea), 1 welsummer (pekaboo), 1 easter egger (lola), 2 Buff Orphingtons (dolce and leche)

Back
Top Bottom