Official BYC Poll: How many chickens do you have?

How many chickens do you have?

• 1 - 3

Votes: 167 6.7%
  • 4 - 5

Votes: 328 13.1%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 438 17.5%
  • 9 - 15

Votes: 552 22.1%
  • 16 - 25

Votes: 433 17.3%
  • 26 - 50

Votes: 357 14.3%
  • 51 - 100

Votes: 143 5.7%
  • 101 +

Votes: 81 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It would be great if we get a lot more responses. I think this poll might be beneficial for those looking to change their local ordinances. Too bad we can't incorporate into the poll the amount of acreage the birds are on, and how they are zoned (residential or agriculture).

I put it in the newsletter (still being sent out) so there should be quite a few more responses to come.
big_smile.png

Currently, I have 35 adult birds and two young cockerels who are being rehomed. No plans to add to the numbers at this point. Used to have 55, but that was too many for us to handle comfortably. Would like to be down to around 20 actual layers and a small bantam flock just for fun.

When we started out with chickens, we said that we wanted about 3 or maximum 4 chickens. Well, now I have 3 coops with 19 chickens...........

Down to 6. 4 BOs and 2 Barnevelders. I had 10 most of the summer, and it was really more than this yard could handle. Chicken poop was everywhere and all green things were picked to the nubs. Plus, there were roos, and one of them made life, uh-hum, difficult. Life is calm again with 6.

Hi,
It's been awhile since I have been on.. had much trouble with password.

I have had chickens since May of 2009. I am so hooked. I love them hatched 3 this April & 2 more the end of Aug.

I have 3 Roosters. 2 silkies & a seabright - bantams
3 partridge silkie hens
3 Frizzles hens
2 Cochin hens
1 easter egger hen
1 silkie x Frizzle hen-shes a beauty
1 silkie cross Cochin hen -nice cross
3 RI reds ( I bought the 3 chicks from Agway in April, put then under a sitting hen)
2 silkie x easter egger hatch the end of Aug

makes for 19 chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom