Official BYC Poll: How many chickens do you have?

How many chickens do you have?

• 1 - 3

Votes: 167 6.7%
  • 4 - 5

Votes: 328 13.1%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 438 17.5%
  • 9 - 15

Votes: 552 22.1%
  • 16 - 25

Votes: 433 17.3%
  • 26 - 50

Votes: 357 14.3%
  • 51 - 100

Votes: 143 5.7%
  • 101 +

Votes: 81 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thirty-one total chickens! But that number can always change! All heritage, rare and endangered breeds. No hybrids in this flock, noway!

I currently have 12 chickens. But need (want) more. Just fell in love with the Swedish Flower Hens. How many chickens do you have to have to be considered a chicken hoarder anyway?

I have a flock of 17 hens and 2 roosters. I forgot to count the chicks! I don't even know how many…. maybe 60 or so!

This is my first post on here as I have spent most of my time lurking about. My wife and I have 21 chickens at this time. However that number will drop by at least 11, as those soon-to-be Roosters get a little bit bigger.
yesss.gif
There may be more as I have 7 Buff Orpingtons, 1 crows 2 are ladies and the other 4 are anybodies guess, they are 15 weeks old. Our other chickens are Barred Rocks and these are easy to sex at an early age, 10 are cockerels and 5 are girls, They are only 11 weeks old.
roll.png
I am anxiously awaiting the first egg.
wee.gif
I do want to thank everybody for all the invaluable information that I have gleaned as I was scratching around the site. This is my go to place for anything to do with my chickens.Thanks again.

At present we have 21. A very mixed flock of chickens that we've either raised from babies or bought them up to 4 months of age. . We sold about 48 red sex-links this past summer when they reached 4 weeks old. Bigger plan for next spring of raising 100 or more red sex-links for sale.

Right now 11.

2 brahmas, one dark- one light
1 salmon Faverolle
3 Easter eggers
1 Mille fleur d'uccle
2 rhode island red
1 cuckoo maran
1 Deleware

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back