• Meat

Votes: 640 26.4%
  • Fertilizer

Votes: 924 38.1%
  • Bug Control

Votes: 1,018 42.0%
  • More interesting and/or easy than other animals

Votes: 642 26.5%
  • Other (please specify in reply comments)

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • Showing & Exhibition

Votes: 219 9.0%

• Total voters
Also because chickens are smarter than turkeys. That urban legend about turkeys drowning in a thunderstorm because they look up with their mouth opens . . . . . .

I love chickens! I could sit in the yard and just watch them for hours. I had fighting chickens for about 15 years always gave them the best care money could buy. but when they outlawed it i just hated it i missed going in the chicken yard and just sitting and watching then. But now i have regular chickens and they give me the same joy i had before. I treat them like they are my kids. I like too sit and watch them take dirt bathes and catching bugs and run from each other. had a hen catch a snake the other day it was funny watching the hens chase the hen with the snake. thanks to every on for all the help you give. I'm a born again Christan

RED FEATHER

I grew up as a "condo-kid" that always wanted a farm.
So my "Other" is: Chickens are the gateway barnyard animal that should be a good indicator of how much my rose colored glasses may need to be adjusted!

Idk....I live on 2.5 acres zoned agricultural..Just seemed like fun. They are cute little chicks right now, and I hope they can be as domesticated as possible. It's my hopes they can be like pets. IDK what it was about them, but I just found them fascinating!

I got chickens because I was very depressed. My parent were getting divorced, my dad would not let me have MY dog, And I we always went through eggs. So I thought well were in the country now. Why not get chickens? My mom said Absolutely not. she didnt want to have a rooster. But, when I told her you don't need a rooster for chickens to lay eggs, she said I'll think about it. So one day we went to TSC and saw them I fell in love. But we didn't buy any. We went to a place called Town and Country and they had chicks. You could pick them up and pick them out yourself.
So I put my hand down and let them come to me. I picked 8 Beautiful Chicks 2 barred rock. 2 roadIsland red 2 Brahmas 2 Buff Orpington.
Now they are the joy of my Life. I'm not depressed. And they are laying perfect eggs. We spoil them so much.
The was last year. This year we got 4 more chicks. 2 black fluffy feet ones and 1 buckeye. I dont know the other one.
But that's my reason

Me and my mom just bought our own house. It has a big barn and a big chicken coop. There was so much chicken stuff there, there was the old glass greek water feeders there. Omg so pretty! But when me and my mom went into the barn more. We found something very disturbing. There was a Cock fighting ring. there were bones everywhere. There was beer bottles and junk everywhere. I got so sick to my stomech. I came home and looked at my chickens and said, "I will never treat you that way."

I got chickens because I was very depressed. My parent were getting divorced, my dad would not let me have MY dog, And I we always went through eggs. So I thought well were in the country now. Why not get chickens? My mom said Absolutely not. she didnt want to have a rooster. But, when I told her you don't need a rooster for chickens to lay eggs, she said I'll think about it. So one day we went to TSC and saw them I fell in love. But we didn't buy any. We went to a place called Town and Country and they had chicks. You could pick them up and pick them out yourself.
So I put my hand down and let them come to me. I picked 8 Beautiful Chicks 2 barred rock. 2 roadIsland red 2 Brahmas 2 Buff Orpington.
Now they are the joy of my Life. I'm not depressed. And they are laying perfect eggs. We spoil them so much. 
The was last year. This year we got 4 more chicks. 2 black fluffy feet ones and 1 buckeye. I dont know the other one. 
But that's my reason

I'm glad you are feeling better "ShelbyCoral." I'm sorry you had to go through what you did. Here's wishing you a VERY blessed life! :)

Back
Top Bottom