• Meat

Votes: 640 26.4%
  • Fertilizer

Votes: 924 38.1%
  • Bug Control

Votes: 1,018 42.0%
  • More interesting and/or easy than other animals

Votes: 642 26.5%
  • Other (please specify in reply comments)

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • Showing & Exhibition

Votes: 219 9.0%

• Total voters
My 'other' was becuase they remind me of my childhood and find memories, they are very smart and individualized in personalities...they are a hoot.

And that was not an option in the poll
tongue.png

Last edited:
I got my first two in order to "rescue" them from a brutal Easter sale situation. The other is because I find simple pleasure and peace watching them noodle around.

Last edited:
My "other" is to have eggs and chickens to sell, adding a small source of income to supplement retirement income when and IF I ever do that.

My OTHER would as a hobby (that gives back!).

My dream is to create a hobby farm complete with chickens, ducks, turkeys, milk goats, a couple of longhorns, maybe a couple pigs, a stocked tank and a large organic garden + small orchard. ....pssst! but don't tell my husband!
wink.png

Self sustainability fo' sho'. It is nice to not have to worry so much about going to the store when you have fresh eggs, meat, and veggies right in the back yard. Also, I didn't know how enjoyable to have chickens! After tending to all the cleaning, feeding, watering, and any medical attention they may need I like to pick up one of favorite white rocks or silkies and hold and pet her. Or Petey my favorite roo. He is soooo sweet I can't wait until his feet are all better and he can join the rest of the flock.
love.gif

Quote:
That is my dream too. To be able to do so much for myself and not have to buy everything from a large grocer or megastore would be great! We have the chicken, eggs and veggies covered. We know local people who raise beef, pork, and melons. And we have strawberries, grapes, and black berries growing this year to produce next year along with an expanded garden and the purchase of a few fruit trees. We know how all of it is raised and where it comes from. It's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom