Officially a chicken fanatic!

duckduck

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 12, 2008
Trussville, AL
Ok I have been mostly just reading on the forums. I used to have call ducks (hence the "duckduck" id). These are my very first batch of chicks and I am thrilled and totally hooked! 3 are white silkies that I purchased from a fellow BYC member and the rest are from my little flock and hopefully they will be frizzles. Before the pics I do have one question...when is it safe for them to go outside? Will they get too hot? We have been having temps in the high 90's already. They would be in a shady well ventilated barn but for now they're in the house in a homemade "brooder."

Here are the 2 just hatched w/in the last 24hrs.

chicks16-21.jpg

And here's the whole crew
chicks46-21.jpg

chicks56-21.jpg

chicks66-21.jpg

OMG I just realized I have 12 yes TWELVE chickens now! The number tripled in about a week! lol

CUTE! CUTE!! CUTE!!!

You can expect that number (12) to grow. I once had just 12 -- about a month ago. Now I don't even discuss numbers when hubby is nearby, but there are 31 chickens in the coop now.......Shhhh.

LOL thanks guys! I'm planning on just collecting the eggs every day and enjoying the babies I have now before getting anymore. My space is limited as well so that will keep me in check....somewhat
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom