Offspring color Liege Fighter

Crow Mountain Chickens

Songster
5 Years
Apr 11, 2018
AR
My understanding of poultry genetics is pretty basic surface level.

I am wondering if there are any possible color variations that my liege rooster could pass to male offspring, or if they will likely have a similar/same look as the father.

I know there is probably a lot of factors that go into this, but I lost my other rooster that was colored differently and was just wondering if there would be any potential for variety in future roosters.

Attached pictures are of my rooster, and a couple of my hens in my breeding group. All of the hens look similar to these 2 pictured. Thanks in advance for any responses!

@The Moonshiner (hope you don’t mind me tagging, always love reading your genetics info!)***

Attachments

• 1C2B83E2-BBB5-47CA-AF5A-8F8E8015AC9C.jpeg
    1C2B83E2-BBB5-47CA-AF5A-8F8E8015AC9C.jpeg
    756.8 KB · Views: 63
  • EEC79593-1134-47DC-8BF0-BB445AAF9253.jpeg
    EEC79593-1134-47DC-8BF0-BB445AAF9253.jpeg
    736 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Your rooster is what I call golden birchen, that is he has one copy of Silver(S) and one copy of gold(s+) and Birchen at the e locus(ER). Your hens look Black/Blue. So chances that your chicks will be all Black/Blue
Is there a chance they are all extended black and not birchen because they are so dark?

Your rooster is what I call golden birchen, that is he has one copy of Silver(S) and one copy of gold(s+) and Birchen at the e locus(ER). Your hens look Black/Blue. So chances that your chicks will be all Black/Blue
This was what my assumption was. He’s a beautiful rooster, I bet he’ll make some pretty babies.

I am trying to understand this a little better. I understand that blue and black parents will throw blue black (and splash?) offspring But what about silver (or gold) in the male specific feathers? Do those get passed down as well to make offspring?

Where can I find this information? And a full list of colors and genetic combos? I’ve been searching for weeks, haven’t been able to find much detail out there.

Back
Top Bottom