Oh come on, grouchy pants!

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
Yesterday I ventured out to Bass Pro Shop to pick out a .22 for myself and husband for Christmas. With it being Tuesday afternoon, they're not going to be fully staffed. Hoping what I wanted was in stock after the weekend. Not bothering to call first since trying to call a store like that during the holiday shopping season is going to waste more time than just going. I've worked retail, I know how it is.

Usually I'm found at the back end of a department store line chatting up other women and we pass the time waiting well enough, no one complaining, we get it.

But you men... good lord. You'd think you've never waited for anything ever. I was there for an hour and a half, and it wasn't difficult to eavesdrop on the rude, grouchy, demanding... not even whispered talk of the wait. Get a bunch of old men together and make them wait. That's all I'm saying.
lol.png

First time I was ever in that sort of shopping scene. Gripe about this, complaint on that, intolerable service! Terrible store! I have better things to do than stand around here!

There were 2 salesman on this Tuesday afternoon in the gun racks. A phone that would not shut up. People everywhere. All things considered, I found the salesman I finally snagged to be efficient, tolerant, polite, and amusing.

At least when women shoppers complain they do so in hushed tones, as if the wait time was a big secret.

To top it off, hardly any of them were there to buy something, they just had a question. Another funny part... different men... same exact, almost ver batum, conversations. They were all on the same wave length.

I got the very last display model of what I wanted... lucky! And was thoroughly amused during the wait. Thank you, grouchy old men, for the entertainment.

Never understood why people felt the need to complain. I could understand if staff was chatting/txting instead of servicing the customers,but otherwise what is the point?

What gun did you buy?

I'll have you know old men do not "grouch".

Just like most women, you misunderstand us.

This is how we socialize.

Spook

That explains why the conversation topic stayed the same no matter who was having it.
lol.png

It's a Ruger 10/22 auto load I think? Can't remember exactly and now it's all wrapped up and under the tree in a giant vacuum cleaner box so that he doesn't know it is.

This is because men have less shopping experience and therefore unrealistic expectations of service during the holiday season. This inexperience and unrealistic expectations are also why in my family, I end up with the shopping list and my husband hides out most of December (at least until we start to unwrap presents).
tongue.png

To be fair, not all men are terrible & ungrateful shoppers, but it's enough of them that the stereotype is fun to laugh at.

And kudos to you for braving Bass Pro! after thanksgiving, I hide from all retail establishments. I even try to stock up food because I dread the grocery store too. You are indeed a brave and patient woman
thumbsup.gif

That is like being in the car with someone in a long line of traffic that is not moving,, and they honk. Oh yeah,, that will get 'em going! If they complain louder maybe the men in front of them move faster? Umm no,,,,

I have checked my calendar, and this is NOT bash-the-men-day.
That being said, will you women please control yourself or are we
going to need a moderator coming in here?

Besides that, it is not Christmas yet and Santa Clause is watching
you. Keeping that list, you know? Naughty and nice.

You aren't being very nice, bad-mouthing the men and all.

Santa Clause is watching you...

We're men bashing? Oh my, the part that annoys me the most? Is when they're sick and they whine and grump about being sick but refuse to take any medicine.
roll.png

Last edited:
Carolina, Don't you be starting on this here thread now.
These here women are looking for trouble and don't seem
to be needing no help in finding it.

Man-bashing is plumb against the rules in my book.

Back
Top Bottom