Oh no humidity dropped, ~~~ I am a mama!

If you have other eggs in the bator I would take that egg out to work on him 10 mins at a time and put him back in to warm up again after that 10 min as passed. If you keep opening the bator its going to affect the other eggs too. Your a GOOD chicken mommy for helping this little guy! Good luck!

I honestly don't know how long its been, they were due yesterday. Its pretty dried out, its peeping weekly when I talk to it. Its not making much attempts to get out any more.
sad.png
There is blood on the membrane only on the inside though, dose that make any sense? I know a lot of people let nature take its corse, but this is kinda my fault and I desperatly want to save it!

Is it the last to hatch out. If you move it out and open the incubator, it might kill the rest that are in there....It's a hard decision. I'm praying for you. Nancy

If it's not trying and weak I would get that shell started right away then. I know how you feel...I was SO sad about mine too and I had to help him. Let us know how it goes...maybe when you get some of that shell off he may try again to get himself out. I would keep that warm wet paper towel on it while you work too...or it will continue to get dry. Let us know how it goes.
hugs.gif

i have had some good luck in the past with a spray bottle and kept a fine mist of water on the haching chick. (warm water not hot or cold for sure) good luck

Ooh goof Idea. I wil try that. There are other eggs in the bator but I think the drop killed them already, theres no movements or sound at all from them. I have a warm damp paper towel over them so that when I open the bator it won't effect their humidity as much. SIgh this is nerve racking!

Be careful with that though...if you get it in the baby chicks nose he can drown. Keep away from the face for sure if you use a spray bottle. I was going to do that but at the pip is where his beek was so I was to scared to mess with that.

Last edited:
if it is a little moist and has been awhile i think u could help it zip A LITTLE for how weak i picture it.
Hangin Wit My Peeps, wut kind of bird is your avatar? it is beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh yeah the pip is by the beak. Baby is still peep a little and let out one big peep jsut a minute ago. Theres blood on the membrane so I'm going ot let it be for an hour or so.
fl.gif

*L*A*G* :

if it is a little moist and has been awhile i think u could help it zip A LITTLE for how weak i picture it.

Its weak and the membrane was bone dry and even with re-hydration its like leathery so I don't know if the chick can make it through that or not...​

Back
Top Bottom