Oh no I tried to help and now it's bleeding!

Newchickgrandma

Chirping
Mar 29, 2022
There was an egg that zipped quite a bit this morning and then made no progress all day. I got it out, slipped in a wet paper towel and started pulling of shell with tweezers. I got all the way around the shell and put it back in. I didn't see any blood on the membrane but it looks red and wet now. It also was moving but I can't see it moving now. Will it be okay? 5 others have already hatched.

Attachments

• 20240404_201823.jpg
    20240404_201823.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 30
There was an egg that zipped quite a bit this morning and then made no progress all day. I got it out, slipped in a wet paper towel and started pulling of shell with tweezers. I got all the way around the shell and put it back in. I didn't see any blood on the membrane but it looks red and wet now. It also was moving but I can't see it moving now. Will it be okay? 5 others have already hatched.
Oh do not worry about that! That’s just the way the membrane looks. And a LITTLE bit of bleeding sometimes is normal at hatch, like birth. Has the chick hatched yet? One good push and he will be out! :jumpy

This morning we got I the rest of the way out. It was glued inside . It is inside the incubator now and looks fine but definitely weaker than the others.

Back
Top Bottom