Ohio - 7 pretty bantam hens with one rooster need new home

DeckDuck

Songster
7 Years
Jan 13, 2013
I have seven bantam hens and one bantam rooster in need of a new home in Ohio. Unfortunately I have to move and I need to find them a home in the next few weeks.

The rooster is a silver duckwing OEGB, he's about 5 1/2 years old. There is a golden Sebright hen who is also 5 1/2 years old, and the other six hens are offspring of those two, varying in age from about three to two years old. They can fly and are good at going broody. They're all hand raised and are very friendly. They've been a healthy backyard flock and they could help someone balance out their hen-to-rooster ratio. They lay a fair amount of tiny white eggs. I'd like to rehome them as a group so that the rooster doesn't get left behind.

They are in central Ohio and I am willing to drive to make this happen.

View attachment 1099585

Last edited:
Where in central Ohio are you? I'm in South Point, OH. I'm just getting started on a flock. I'm pulled to them because of the silver duck wing rooster- that's what we kept when I was a kid in 4-H. Our rooster was named Charlie and he was so sweet. I have hens only so far and they are about 2 months, just a mix from Rural King. I've built them a chicken palace that's hawk proof and I've been looking for bantams.

I hope that works out for both you! It sounds like a good match. :) I've got a little guy whose brothers and an uncle should be joining him soon. No hens.

Lol - the same day my little one mastered crowing, he tried to mate with a Golden Comet. Couldn't get on her back! He can fly and land on my shoulder, on my neck, on my back, on my arm...but couldn't mount a lot smaller hen? :hmm

If things don't work out, send me a private message. All are welcome to come here for a forever home - including the rooster.

I hope it works out for you guys!

Thanks to both of you! I am dealing with shipping some much larger livestock tonight, but I will get back to you as soon as I have a chance

I haven't heard back from southernOhio so I'm going to give this post a little bump here. Would anyone else happen to be interested? :)

Back
Top Bottom