OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hi! From Southeastern Licking County here! We have 26 chickens and love everyone of them! Glad to be here and proud to be an Ohioian!

Hi KissellChickens welcome from Miami Co in west central part of the state. I currently have over 100 and am building 5 new breeding coops. Chicken math got the better of me. I breed Swedish Flower Hens & am adding Silver Ameraucanas & Isbars !

I have a cabin close to Sal tFork off of Fairground Road, thought about taking some hens with me when I go down just for company and eggs. What type of chickens do you have?

Hey everyone! I am new to this so please be kind with my chicken stupidity. I have 6 ISA Brown "pullets" just under 3 wks old. I was reading that since the are sex link, the females will be brownish red and the males white. We purchased them as sexed female chicks. My concern is that as they are feathering in, a few of them look much leso red than the others. Could it be I have roos? I snapped this picture of them before I cleaned their "brooder" tonight. Let me know what you think please!!!

Don't panic ! There are all differant shades and I don't think a roo would have that much brown on it. If you do have a roo I would buy it from you. My 3 big roos are cochin and If I want to continue selling large brown eggs I will be needing new stock and would need a rooster of the same breed to continue with the production of eggs.

This is one of our ISA brown from TSC last year. The kids made them to friendly, if there is such a thing! Last summer someone left the house door open and we found a chicken in the dog crate in the family room.

Back
Top Bottom