OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Thanks everyone! Some great ideas. It would be nice to have a way to cover some of the outside area in winter. Last year we would open the pop door and little chicken heads would look out and that's it. The chickens refused to come out in any depth of snow.

I love love love your run! I keep envisioning something similar for my place. Unfortunately since I'm not actually allowed to have chickens I'll have to figure something out that's a little more low profile. I'm digging the clear panels. Thanks for sharing!

Welcome Tera!
1f60a.png
your just 30-45 minutes from me. My wife and I both grew up in big cities, she from Sydney & Tampa, Fl & I from Chicago. I surprised my wife with 10 chicks couple of springs ago and we have 1st, 2nd, & 3rd gens of hens already that we just assimilate together a month ago.

Yes, we are fairly close! That's sweet of you to surprise your wife with chicks and so cool you are growing and adding to. How did it go putting them all together???

Sorry it's not chicken related, but it is Ohio related. Has anyone been to COSI? We were going to go see their video game exhibit, but I have never been to COSI and it's been years since my husband last went. I wanted to know if COSI was worth the entry fee.

Yes, we are fairly close! That's sweet of you to surprise your wife with chicks and so cool you are growing and adding to. How did it go putting them all together???

These is our 2nd integration, last year was a little stressful, but it went well, w/ some little peck here and there and some chasing. This time the 3rd gens were being seen but no touch for over a month before I took down the barrier went much better, they all still don't perch/roost together. You can see the 3 generations will be on different perches like they belong in their own gangs lol. All the 2 yr olds on the highest perch, the one year olds on lower perches and the younger ones on different lowest perches. Yet they all eat & dust bathe together.

Sorry it's not chicken related, but it is Ohio related. Has anyone been to COSI? We were going to go see their video game exhibit, but I have never been to COSI and it's been years since my husband last went. I wanted to know if COSI was worth the entry fee.

I also haven't been in years but it was DEFINITELY worth the admission. So many interactive exhibits. Last time we went there was an entire huge digestive system set up. You went through a mouth and came out a colon seeing every stage of the process from inside... in a very clean way
1f602.png

And a zillion other things too

Back
Top Bottom