OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

What Brian said
tongue.png

A good one would be to add Polyvisol WITHOUT IRON to their water for a week, than switch to the electrolyte/vit mix in their water for a week. This usually takes care of it. If it is a pronounced tic and doesn't resolve or worsens over the next week or so, get some Vit E and Selenium capsules to break open and administer to them. Are they in with a group of older/LF chicks? Silkies are very prone to head injury if pecked on their heads - their skull is open just like a human baby. Keep those bitty brains protected
wink.png
! Keep us posted as to how they are doing!

I bought the polyvisol. How much do I give to them? I have their water in a pint jar. There are 4 chicks, ages 3 and 4 weeks.

hi! Ali from wapakoneta, have 12 girls and building a chicken cabin. still new to the raising of chickens. we received ours in April of 2013 I will try to not pick brains too much!!

Welcome to the Ohio Thread and
welcome-byc.gif
! You just pick away! This is where I learned what I know about chickens and I still learn on here everyday! I still ask questions! If you don't ask, you won't know, So feel free to ask, no matter how "dumb" you may think it is. There are no dumb questions!! Lots of wise and kind folk on here!
smile.png

I bought the polyvisol. How much do I give to them? I have their water in a pint jar. There are 4 chicks, ages 3 and 4 weeks.
Did the dropper come in the bottle? I usually give 2 good squirts from the dropper into their water...and be sure to give them a new batch every day. Are they any better/worse? Praying for those bitties!!!

Did the dropper come in the bottle? I usually give 2 good squirts from the dropper into their water...and be sure to give them a new batch every day. Are they any better/worse? Praying for those bitties!!!

Yes, there is a dropper. So 2 droppersful to the pint of water? They are doing better I think. I actually feed them fermented feed. Took them off of the medicated. You really have to look for a while before you see them tic. The sg is probably the one I notice the most. The white one still does it also. But it is only occasionally for both of them. I still notice the sg breathing hard. Do I just notice it because she has no feathers around her face and can see her breath. I try to watch the others, and don't see them breath like that one. She is active and eats and drinks, so it just may be her. Notice I call it "her".
fl.gif
Maybe the power of suggestion??!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom