OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Yes, there is a dropper. So 2 droppersful to the pint of water? They are doing better I think. I actually feed them fermented feed. Took them off of the medicated. You really have to look for a while before you see them tic. The sg is probably the one I notice the most. The white one still does it also. But it is only occasionally for both of them. I still notice the sg breathing hard. Do I just notice it because she has no feathers around her face and can see her breath. I try to watch the others, and don't see them breath like that one. She is active and eats and drinks, so it just may be her. Notice I call it "her".
fl.gif
Maybe the power of suggestion??!!
big_smile.png
Yup, 2 droppers full should do it. Try this for about a week to 10 days and remember to follow up with probiotics for another 10. They will be just fine. And no worries about the little SG breathing hard - just wait till she is full grown and has a full crop. I totally freaked out at the sight of my first SG when his crop was completely full...I had to keep feeling my silkie's crops to see if they were shaped the same way...LOL! They are certainly a bird of a different feather!

thank you!! we got our chicken cabin out of the barn today n have to do the inside set up yet so I may not be on here this week much, snow coming

just wait till she is full grown and has a full crop. I totally freaked out at the sight of my first SG when his crop was completely full...I had to keep feeling my silkie's crops to see if they were shaped the same way...LOL! They are certainly a bird of a different feather!

I did the same with my first NNs. :lau I was scared to death they had massive tumors. It's not something you notice on your first feathered breeds. Boy did I feel silly after my frantic research.
I'm not sure about the breathing hard, though, unfortunately.

Yup, 2 droppers full should do it. Try this for about a week to 10 days and remember to follow up with probiotics for another 10. They will be just fine. And no worries about the little SG breathing hard - just wait till she is full grown and has a full crop. I totally freaked out at the sight of my first SG when his crop was completely full...I had to keep feeling my silkie's crops to see if they were shaped the same way...LOL! They are certainly a bird of a different feather!

Thanks for the warning!!
lol.png
I will look for that! So her breathing is ok? That makes me feel a little better. I noticed one of the buff silkies breathing a little hard too. I notice it mostly when they are sleeping.

Ooh! You've got a brinsea! I'm jealous!!! :)

Lol I love it... my husband not so much because I can't stop filling it up. I ended up with 8 babies and 3 eggs I left just in case. Its amazing because Idon't even watch the temp or humidity just throw them in. It is worth every penny. So is the brooder. Hehe I almost burnt down my garage with a heat lamp a couple years back.

im so glad you didnt give up!  you have done so well since you got started.

Thank you. Now that I can finally hatch I need to learn how to keep babies alive during the cooler seasons. I have 8 total and they are in my daughter's room because I'm scared of putting them outside. They are large fowl so I have to figure out when they can go out in the coop.

Why is it I have been threatened not to hatch anymore and yet I'm looking at hatching eggs. No more til at least Feb. Urg!!:he

i hope this makes since LOL. i build my brooders out of one sheet of plywood. they are 2 feet high and wide, and 4 feet long - i put the lamp on one end. when the temps drop to around 50 degrees i will change to a 250 watt white bulb. when the temps get around 40, i will put a lid from a 20 or so gallon storage container over the area of the lamp. i will add another lid at 30 and another at 25 degrees. when it gets into the teens i add a second bulb usually 150 watt red and i will switch it on and off as needed.

i have considered running 2 -150 watt lamps on the end, in case one blows.

i still have losses when the temp fluctuates, but this is the best method i have found so far.

Back
Top Bottom