OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

:clap That's a good thing, right?
Nope, it's awesome. My mom is not thrilled about it because she is afraid it's going to snow. Looking at the 1st of the month. It doesn't show any snow or bad weather. It's sad it's as cheap as a 3day train ride or bus ride to rent a car and pay gas to go get him.

Nope, it's awesome. My mom is not thrilled about it because she is afraid it's going to snow. Looking at the 1st of the month. It doesn't show any snow or bad weather.

We already had our first run in with snow. We were in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming when that big blizzard dumped on eastern Wyoming and South Dakota during the first week of October. Was a good thing though. Got us a couple of extra days in Wyoming.
big_smile.png

This little thing came out of my egg labeled Silkie, I had thought my white silkies were only going after each other, but it looks like my big mix rooster got her! Hopefully it turns out cute. I'll be raising these guys on the porch through the winter. So far two Easter Egger's hatched. Last lock down is next tuesday. Going to miss hatching until Spring! All my hens have taken a break for the past few weeks except two.

i was thinking about shutting my incubator down, but this evening i set 120 eggs. i just cant stop, i think i am going to have to be committed, maybe put in a straight jacket. then i could flap my arms and cluck, and be more like my favorite animal. i really am not obsessed, or at least thats what i keep telling myself. if ya'll catch me eating worms and scratching in the yard, its not because im crazy, im just a good brood mother.

i was thinking about shutting my incubator down, but this evening i set 120 eggs.  i just cant stop, i think i am going to have to be committed, maybe put in a straight jacket.  then i could flap my arms and cluck, and be more like my favorite animal.  i really am not obsessed, or at least thats what i keep telling myself.  if ya'll catch me eating worms and scratching in the yard, its not because im crazy, im just a good brood mother.

Hehe. I said I was shutting mine down but I keep playing with thevidea of keeping it on. Urg! It is so hard not to hatch

Baby chick pics!!! I passed out early tonight & just woke up -- baby chick pics was just what I needed :) What a cutie, Della! And Stevens21, I dunno -- if your white silkies are carrying other recessive colors, you can get some interesting combos
smile.png

Speaking of, blessedchick, one of my white silkies is indeed a girl! I caught her laying an egg the other day. I'm going to try penning her and the white roo together and see what I get but I'm pretty darn sure you're right and my white roo has the silver in him... Have to get you pics still, too!

i was thinking about shutting my incubator down, but this evening i set 120 eggs. i just cant stop, i think i am going to have to be committed, maybe put in a straight jacket. then i could flap my arms and cluck, and be more like my favorite animal. i really am not obsessed, or at least thats what i keep telling myself. if ya'll catch me eating worms and scratching in the yard, its not because im crazy, im just a good brood mother.

LOL!!! Hey, worms are a very good source of protein
tongue.png

I'm going out of town for four days, so have managed not to set any more new eggs. I've got a half-dozen due to hatch on the 28th and a few more on the 3rd, then I really truly am shutting off the incy till I get back! Of course, what'll happen then is anybody's guess... At least it'll give me a chance to give it a really good cleaning!

Back
Top Bottom