OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

He is a young roo but all of my chickens are under a year old. Big Red (she hatched in February so the oldest biggest hen I have) takes no notice of him at all. I put him in a pen in the shed by himself for the day. He is a little bantam Cochin. Do you think Big Red could set him straight? she is a huge Rhode Island Red (hatchery, almost as big a a jersey giant, no one else is that big, I thought she was a male till she started laying)

He is a young roo but all of my chickens are under a year old. Big Red (she hatched in February so the oldest biggest hen I have) takes no notice of him at all. I put him in a pen in the shed by himself for the day. He is a little bantam Cochin. Do you think Big Red could set him straight? she is a huge Rhode Island Red (hatchery, almost as big a a jersey giant, no one else is that big, I thought she was a male till she started laying)
I'd throw her in with him. She might beat the tar out of him for his unacceptable behavior.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm leaving the might of the 31. Will be home late the 2 or early the 3!

It sucks though because I'm going to miss my last hatch of the year! :hit

Praying they all hatch out ok and none need help. Hopefully I'll come home to 10 black silkies!

Looks like I'm leaving the might of the 31. Will be home late the 2 or early the 3!

It sucks though because I'm going to miss my last hatch of the year! :hit

Praying they all hatch out ok and none need help. Hopefully I'll come home to 10 black silkies!

Awe, well good luck and have a safe trip.

It sucks though because I'm going to miss my last hatch of the year!
hit.gif

Well, at least B is coming home!!! If you go there and right back, maybe you will be home for the hatch??!!! Hope it goes well! About this time last year, our DS, DSIL, and a friend went to Montana on a buffalo hunt. They took our Van. The day before they were to leave, the engine blew in the van. My husband and I jumped in his dual cab pickup on a Friday morn and headed that way. We drove almost to Billings MT, straight thru. Arrived around 11 am their time, packed the boys up (about 4 hrs) and turned around and came straight back, straight thru! Around 50 -52 hours
th.gif
It was such an adventure! I would do it in a heartbeat!
So have a safe and fun trip!

I'm going to be in a rental car. Economy size, so luckily it's cheap on gas and if I break down they have to come get me a provide me another car. 17hours and 45 minutes one way. Plan on going out, letting the person riding with me see her bf for a few and heading straight back. So should be a 40 hour round trip including stops for gas and food. Should be home Saturday night. I'm excited, never been further than Chicago before.

Long day..so tired.. Got a chicken out of it, though, so my day is made. :gig Had to drive to Cincinnati for an immigration/citizenship thing for DH (downtown..main street..3+ lane highways..:th :oops: *shiver*), in my crappy little junker that protested all the way there and back. Expected to come home to a mess in the house since we just left a diaper for 11 hours on the poor house dog who suffers from separation anxiety, but he held it all day, poor thing. But I picked up my silkie boy from minihorse (thanks again, Mandy!) and will hopefully soon have floofy little silkie and showgirl babies! :weee (Get busy, Chicky-Chick!) Hm, what color(s) do you get if crossing blue and white..? Can't remember if one is dominant..

Heading to OH tonight :) in Charlotte airport with flight delays due to another plane blowing a cart or tug into the wing of our plane ROFL Can't wait to see OH! (And yes I did pack warm stuff... As warm as my FL wardrobe gets anyways!) :)

Heading to OH tonight :) in Charlotte airport with flight delays due to another plane blowing a cart or tug into the wing of our plane ROFL Can't wait to see OH! (And yes I did pack warm stuff... As warm as my FL wardrobe gets anyways!) :)

:woot Hope you have a good time here! And good luck with the home search! Yep, the nights are getting mighty chilly (below freezing a couple times now) and daytimes have been jacket-worthy, so warm clothes are not a bad idea!

I went out this morning and no egg yet. A couple of the nest boxes looked like there had been a chicken making a nest in it. I come home from work low and behold! My first egg from one of my buffs!

Back
Top Bottom