OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

That is one hairy pig! A lot of "teacup" micro mini pigs were sold to folks thinking they stayed tiny like chihuahuas. Babies are always small when born;-) I cringe when I see ads trying to sell them at $400 or more each because people are paying for overpriced wrongly advertised food. Sorry you got the wrong end of that deal- after becoming a tiny pet most folks don't know what to do with them after they get to slaughter weight. My 17 week old EE 'cockerel' laid HER 1st egg today- not green or blue but run-of-the-mill Russian Orloff cream color:-(

Shay prayers and hugs to you. I haven't had to live with deployment but turkey hunting drives me nuts. Pls ask for help when you need it. I am having to now with hubby being injured and my bulging disc surgery approaching. Your pens look great! It's not a mess sweetie is a job in progress. My coop is in the middle of being chinked and ladders are around it till we are more mobile. Keep your chin up and keep praying, it's all I have done for a week now. OSU medical was a great place for hubby to be treated but it's not like being home. I am so thankful he is still with us and getting better.
Thank everyone for thoughts and prayers. I have no clue how I have done all this without strength from above. Our local hospital told us he wouldn't survive and once he transfered to OSU we were told his injuries were not life threatening. Thank the Lord!
Oh goodness! Sounds like OSU was quite a blessing. So glad he pulled through. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Will be praying for you.
smile.png

Shay,

If you need any help around the farm, please feel free to ask. I'm sure my unit's FRG team would be willing to help as well too.

-Cam
(your nearby-enough National Guardsman)

Is your husband in the NG with the unit in Portsmouth? If so, I am in the same battalion, although a different company.
Well hello!
big_smile.png
And thank you! My hubby is actually with the 130th Airlift Wing NG out of Charleston, WV (long drive!). My dad, though, just retired out of the Portsmouth Army NG (used to be Co. B 216th, now 1191st I think?) a few years ago after being there 20-some years. If you don't mind my asking, where is nearby-enough?
smile.png
It's so nice to see BYC folks nearby, and fellow military folk, as well!

That is one hairy pig! A lot of "teacup" micro mini pigs were sold to folks thinking they stayed tiny like chihuahuas. Babies are always small when born;-) I cringe when I see ads trying to sell them at $400 or more each because people are paying for overpriced wrongly advertised food. Sorry you got the wrong end of that deal- after becoming a tiny pet most folks don't know what to do with them after they get to slaughter weight. My 17 week old EE 'cockerel' laid HER 1st egg today- not green or blue but run-of-the-mill Russian Orloff cream color:-(
She is quite..fluffy.
lol.png
I know, it's so sad seeing "mini" piglets on CL (or elsewhere) now, knowing how the buyers are being duped and how big that piglet is really going to get. Lucky for little (massive) Roastie there, we didn't mind how big she got and we still love all 150-odd pounds of her. Although she did go from being an indoor piggy to an outdoor piggy about 50 lbs ago.
lol.png

Shay OSU was blessing, was not how I wanted my first trip to the campus to be but thankful he was there. he has started trying to do things around here on his own n driving me nuts, so yeah he feeling better some. Bless you Shay and keep posting. We are here for you, even if I can't get to the farm to help.But pls remember others are near who can.

I posted our two Roos for free on Craigslist last night for free and had 7 replies within a couple hours. A couple came today and took Bubba and Cinnamon to their farm where they can be as noisy as they want. These folks are wanting to get fertilized eggs. We will miss our boys but glad I found them a home.

I got a new addition last night! It's not poultry but something to guard them!

I think we are going to call him Mr. Bojangles or Bo for short! He is a great pyr. I am just loving him right now!

Chickadee he's so fluffy!!!! Great dogs, super friendly and protective of their herd once they are trained. My Lil brother has one and he would watch over the pomeranian herd that was next to him. Good luck with him and pls update us on him.

I got a new addition last night! It's not poultry but something to guard them!

I think we are going to call him Mr. Bojangles or Bo for short! He is a great pyr. I am just loving him right now!
tumblr_m6b1d0ZZ3i1rsykmco2_250.gif

love.gif
I've been contemplating getting a Great Pyr so I can let the feather kids free-range safely. Haven't decided whether it's a good idea or not yet. Let us know how it goes with Mr. Bojangles?
big_smile.png

Now, that's the kind of additions I like. What a cutie pie! Have fun with him and give him lots of love, attention and training.

Back
Top Bottom