OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Our very first egg from our red comet pullet!! Just turned 22 weeks!

Few questions:
When hens start laying do they lay every day or is it sporadic? I went out at 8am to see if there was another and there wasn't.
Also she laid this in the coop behind a waterer even though we have 6 nesting boxes what's up with that? And how do I get her to use the boxes?

Hi, I was just popping in to let you guys know about an upcoming poultry swap meet in Indiana. I know it would be close for some of you guys. Hope to see a lot of you there!

Northeast Indiana Poultry Swap Meet
~Buy/Sell/Trade poultry and supplies~
Place: The poultry building at the Wells Co. 4-H park
Date: Sunday, October 5[SUP]th[/SUP]
Time: 10am-4pm

Vendor fee (1 table)=$10
Sellers fee (1 cage (3 birds per cage or less))=$5
Admission=FREE!!!

Aside from the chickens, ducks, geese, pigeons, turkeys, etc. people will bring to sell, we hope to have some vendors selling supplies such as leg bands, treats, feeders/waterers, egg cartons, vitamins and supplements, etc.

We would like you to pre-register by email, but will accept the payments at the day of the swap. We may be able to accept walk ups depending on space.

To register email [email protected]

Rules
1.NO SICK BIRDS
-You will be asked to leave if you have sick or unreasonably dirty birds
-No money will be refunded for cage or table rental
-Make your birds presentable!
2. NOT responsible for stolen birds
3. NOT responsible for accidents
4. Make sure your birds have water!
5. NO pets beside poultry (no dogs, cats, etc.) 

I've never been to a poultry show, will there be lots of different breeds for sale? We're only an hour and a half away but I still didn't want to drive all the way out there if there wasn't going to be many birds for sale. We would love to expand our flock and hardly anyone is selling around us.

I've never been to a poultry show, will there be lots of different breeds for sale? We're only an hour and a half away but I still didn't want to drive all the way out there if there wasn't going to be many birds for sale. We would love to expand our flock and hardly anyone is selling around us.

It actually isn't a show, it is just a swap meet. There should be a decent amount of birds there. So far I know some old English game bantams, LF ameraucanas, bantam ameraucanas, pigeons, and some laying hen will be there and I am sure there will be lots more. I'm hope to see you there

It actually isn't a show, it is just a swap meet. There should be a decent amount of birds there. So far I know some old English game bantams, LF ameraucanas, bantam ameraucanas, pigeons, and some laying hen will be there and I am sure there will be lots more. I'm hope to see you there

Sounds awesome!! We will definitely plan on being there then!

This is one of two blue splash Orpington cockerals I have available

I Love orpingtons! I wish we could have roosters where we are but we have close neighbors. Even though the village were in isn't sanctioned (which is how we can have all our ladies in the first place) I wouldn't want to upset anyone :(

I've never had a rooster so I don't even know how loud they are. All I remember growing up is the neighbor down the road had one and he would sing first thing in the morning every morning. We were half a mile away so it didn't bother is but we could still hear him.

Back
Top Bottom