OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I have 3 Buckeye pullets, all named after towns in Ohio.
1f600.png
where did you get your Buckeye pullets? I have been looking for some.

I got mine from the local feed store in Delaware Ohio this past spring. I ordered some from Sandhill but they were out when they filled my order and sent something else I agreed to. When we went to the feed store to get chicken feed they had buckeye chicks (sexed) so I bought 3. :)

If I point my finger at the one buckeye (her name is Charm) she raises her hackles a little and follows my finger when I move it. Its funny. :)

Check out the link to the buckeye thread I posted above. And also the breeders list that is in the link in my signature. We can find you some buckeyes if you are interested. We love buckeyes and have people from the general backyard chicken hobbyist all the way to the first ever buckeye grand master exhibitor. We like to have fun and can also get serious about breeding practices at the same time.

And I think we might be able to talk Josh into hatching some out for folks in the spring. If you can wait that long.

Had to cull out poor Copper yesterday night. It was time to go, had mommy with chicks hatching. R.I.P. Copper

Speaking of mommy.
Stormy hatched out 3 little healthy chicks, 1 white EE, 1 lavendar ameraucana, and 1 black split. (Ee came from luna)

(Black chick ended uo blurry. Will try again later)

Chick number 4 has internally pipped! He started a day later than the others, but should hatch by tomorrow night:) *hopes for lavendar*

Last edited:
Rick, I would NEVER tease you about your Buckeyes! LOL!! Just that I bought 3 this spring, "pullets", and 2 turned out to be cockerels. I couldn't understand why my neighbor was raving about this breed when my Buckeye youngsters were trying to pummel the living daylights out of anything on my farm with feathers! Once the 2 cockerels headed down the road the remaining pullet has been wonderful; curious, friendly and just started laying last week. SOOOOOOO....I would love to add a couple more Buckeye PULLETS to my flock in the spring!

But don't get me wrong................................my floofy Silkies are still #1 in my heart.............................
love.gif

If all else fails, use quarter inch hardware mesh wire. I use the wire they tie it closedwith, to weave the top to the sides together. This is to make it hawk, owl, racoon, and other pests free. I bought a $15.00 baby monitor and placed it in my girls coop. I listen as they settle in for the night, but I especially listen for sounds of distress.that's when I grab the rifle and head out to secure the area, if need be.

I have a flock of big girls that keep me in eggs, a flock of small bannies/sea b
rites to keep me busy, and a flock of 16 silkies that are just turning five weeks old.?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom