OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Anyone interested in a chocolate English orp pullet? 8 or 9 months old. Oversize bantam and too small for true large fowl even though she is a big bird.

Do you still have the chocolate orp? It's been forever since I've been on here. Had to get out of chickens for awhile but now I'm trying to find a couple. Think my husband may kill me, but he will learn to live. With finally graduating RN school I find I have way to much time on my hands anymore. I have to start from scratch with chickens again
1f614.png

Do you still have the chocolate orp? It's been forever since I've been on here. Had to get out of chickens for awhile but now I'm trying to find a couple. Think my husband may kill me, but he will learn to live. With finally graduating RN school I find I have way to much time on my hands anymore. I have to start from scratch with chickens again
1f614.png
yes I do still have her. How have you been.? I wondered what happened to you you disappeared forever!

Has anyone purchased anything from greenfire??

I am interested in Cream Legbars.. since they don't have the rhodbar anymore (stil want my rhodebar) but the DH said I could get one 'good' breed if cheap enough!

Has anyone purchased anything from greenfire??

I am interested in Cream Legbars.. since they don't have the rhodbar anymore (stil want my rhodebar) but the DH said I could get one 'good' breed if cheap enough! 
be better off to buy chicks from a good breeder if you ask me. Then again I'm not a greenfire fan.

How was the show and swap ? I was hoping to get up there, didn't happen.

Sorry didnt see this until now.

It was great, second show I've been to and it seemed pretty busy. There was a lot of good looking chickens there, didn't get to look at any of the other poultry since I waited in line for the polish and didn't want them to be sitting in the car afterwards with the sun shining in. I really liked all the modern game bantams, but my mom insisted they weren't 'real' chickens. Probably the bird that caught my eye the most was a partridge brahma hen, she was beautiful.

In total I spent probably half an hour wondering and looking at chickens, and the other hour and half was waiting for the lady that owned the polish to return, she was getting her birds in the show ready.

It was really nice, about have way there I realized I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures which was disappointing, but it was well worth the trip. There was a few of everything there, mostly silkies, and game bantams though.
Do people normally travel far for this show? I thought this would be a smaller one, but the lady who brought the polish was from Massachusetts, which is a pretty long drive, and my mom thought she was crazy for going that far.

Sorry didnt see this until now.

It was great, second show I've been to and it seemed pretty busy. There was a lot of good looking chickens there, didn't get to look at any of the other poultry since I waited in line for the polish and didn't want them to be sitting in the car afterwards with the sun shining in. I really liked all the modern game bantams, but my mom insisted they weren't 'real' chickens. Probably the bird that caught my eye the most was a partridge brahma hen, she was beautiful.

In total I spent probably half an hour wondering and looking at chickens, and the other hour and half was waiting for the lady that owned the polish to return, she was getting her birds in the show ready.

It was really nice, about have way there I realized I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures which was disappointing, but it was well worth the trip. There was a few of everything there, mostly silkies, and game bantams though.
Do people normally travel far for this show? I thought this would be a smaller one, but the lady who brought the polish was from Massachusetts, which is a pretty long drive, and my mom thought she was crazy for going that far.

That is really a pretty new show, only been going on a couple years now. I imagine it will continue to grow.

We are quite fortunate that we have several quality shows within a few hours drive time every year, let alone the grand daddy, the Ohio National. Anybody reading this that has not taken in a Ohio National should really make it a goal to see it. It may vary some from year to year depending which breed clubs are having their national club meets there that year.

Here are the shows that I am aware of. (Stolen from Poultry Show Central.com)

West Central Ohio Poultry Club Show March 21, 2015 March 22, 2015
Southeast Ohio Poultry Breeders Association March 28, 2015 March 28, 2015
Dayton Fancy Feather Club April 25, 2015 April 26, 2015
Southern Ohio Poultry Association Spring Show May 23, 2015 May 24, 2015
Buckeye Fancy Feather Club Poultry Show June 13, 2015 June 13, 2015
Lorain County Fair August 24, 2015 August 30, 2015
Eastern Ohio Poultry Association Show September 19, 2015 September 20, 2015
Southern Ohio Poultry Association Fall Show October 3, 2015 October 4, 2015
Ohio National Poultry Show November 14, 2015 November 15, 2015

Last edited:
And the swaps.

Ohio Swap Meets