OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Anyone need a 7 week welsummer roo? He is free for the taking and currently resides in the Ashville area. He needs to depart to make room for the three week old batch currently residing in the garage. Darn chicken math!!
lol.png

Hello,
My name is Jason. I'm from Austintown and I am trying to find out the laws for my area for back yard chickens if I am aloud to have them or not? If someone could help me out I would be thankful!! I am new to this.

Hello,
My name is Jason. I'm from Austintown and I am trying to find out the laws for my area for back yard chickens if I am aloud to have them or not? If someone could help me out I would be thankful!! I am new to this.

You'll need to find your town's codified ordinances. Seeing as you live in a township it might be different. I did a search for Austintown and it didn't come up with any results so you may have to contact your local officials, the animal warden should know. If you do find the ordinances, animals are usually listed under "general offenses". Youngstown doesn't look to friendly toward keeping poultry on paper, but folks around that area may have a better feel for the climate.

Oh and welcome to BYC and the Ohio thread!

Last edited:
Hello fellow Buckeyes! I'm not a frequent poster, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi, and that I hope everyone is thawing out a bit from this long cold winter. We all made it through this winter intact. We started the winter with 10 chickens and ended with 10 but two of our girls decided they were actually late blooming roosters. (yes, Silkiesensation, if you can believe it BOTH the silkie/polish x's I got from ya turned out to be roos! Lol! Very good looking boys though! And much nicer than the two original bantam roos that started this whole chicken addiction. I'll have to post some pics. You'll be proud! Anna is doin great and the standard hen (Hawk) lays a lovely brown egg every day) We are probably adding 6 more pullets soon (too many boys! Need more gals) and I am going to allow them to free range a bit in my husband's fenced in car/workshop area as soon as I plug up some escape routes.
I hope everyone is well. And I look forward to reading more about everyone's spring projects! And "Welcome!" to all the newcomers!

Hello fellow Buckeyes! I'm not a frequent poster, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi, and that I hope everyone is thawing out a bit from this long cold winter. We all made it through this winter intact. We started the winter with 10 chickens and ended with 10 but two of our girls decided they were actually late blooming roosters. (yes, Silkiesensation, if you can believe it BOTH the silkie/polish x's I got from ya turned out to be roos! Lol! Very good looking boys though! And much nicer than the two original bantam roos that started this whole chicken addiction. I'll have to post some pics. You'll be proud! Anna is doin great and the standard hen (Hawk) lays a lovely brown egg every day) We are probably adding 6 more pullets soon (too many boys! Need more gals) and I am going to allow them to free range a bit in my husband's fenced in car/workshop area as soon as I plug up some escape routes.
I hope everyone is well. And I look forward to reading more about everyone's spring projects! And "Welcome!" to all the newcomers!

Yeesh! Silkies & polish are both hard as heck to sex when young. Put the 2 together & just forget it...lol Glad to hear Anna & Hawk are doing well for you. I have a few chicks due next week & will be setting a large batch around Easter, so by the beginning of May I should have chicks everywhere if you need some still by then.

yes I do still have her. How have you been.? I wondered what happened to you you disappeared forever!

I've been on. Life has been crazy. Nursing school took up a ton of my time. Plus I've been working two jobs and was helping take care of my neighbor until he passed. So much has happened in a year. Now I find myself with nothing to do until I get my date to take my RN license exam. The school I'm going to for my BSN won't let me enroll until I have my license
1f614.png
. how have you been? I will have to eat it with my husband but can you pm me info about the chocolate orp?

I've been on. Life has been crazy. Nursing school took up a ton of my time. Plus I've been working two jobs and was helping take care of my neighbor until he passed. So much has happened in a year. Now I find myself with nothing to do until I get my date to take my RN license exam. The school I'm going to for my BSN won't let me enroll until I have my license
1f614.png
. how have you been? I will have to eat it with my husband but can you pm me info about the chocolate orp?
been doing good. Collecting chickens as usual. Getting into more uncommon and exhibition type breeds and away from the basic layers. And longtails, love my longtails.

been doing good. Collecting chickens as usual. Getting into more uncommon and exhibition type breeds and away from the basic layers. And longtails, love my longtails.

If you have any other chickens you are looking to re home let me know.
1f603.png
I can't figure out what I want or where to even start. So many choices, but I have to keep it small this time.

If you have one that would go nicely with her I would take it. Miss hearing crowing in the morning. It has to be nice though. Can have on that will be chasing me around my yard all day. Lol

Back
Top Bottom