OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hello! We are currently buying a home in the city of Beavercreek. As I understand it, chickens are not allowed within the city, the city council recently were to vote on it, but removed the chicken portion of the ordinance prior to voting. Does anyone know what is going on with this? Is the issue dead, or are people still working on getting it to a vote? The most recent I've found in the news online was from 2012. I'm also unable to find anything locally or online, even a Facebook group. Would someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you!
I would call the Animal Warden, ours was very helpful, or call the city and ask to speak to someone in zoning. Do you already own chickens or are you planning to start raising them?

Thanks! We don't have any chickens right now, but I was hoping to get a few. I can't seem to find much information on chicken keeping in Beavercreek (other than its not allowed), or even the Dayton area in general. I was hoping to get some updates or get in touch with local chicken keepers for more information on what is being done currently to get it legal.

Does anybody have some extra, young muscovy hens? My grandpa ended up with 4:3 so we need more girls. They are all sweet, and more boys means more protection, so none are going. Pm me if you do. Looking for cheap birds that can't yet fly and would be okay outside over the winter. So about 5 months old or fullly feathered on the body. I'm really looking for lavenders and chocolate pieds.

Other ducks are okay too if you happen to be close and they are free or cheap. Really only looking for runner ducks, saxonies,and magpies.

Yeah.

Also, would trade a pair of fertile pekins for a couple young female muscovies possibly. For egg layers and production purpose only. Not food. I hand raised them and they are a great pair. Might need another female though.

Last edited:
Hi everyone :)

I am having a hard time finding B/SQ Silkie hatching eggs.
Are there any great breeders here in Ohio? Every time I find them they have all broodies. Lol. Argh.
TIA...

I have some pretty nice ones but they are in a mixed color pen right now. I believe I have some pictures on my swap page. I've been getting 2-3 eggs a day even with all the broodies.

Ok, I just got a couple groups. Will have eggs to sell for the next 2 weeks.
Black copper marans
Cream legbar
Bantam mottled Cochins.

I'm not actively selling them. I plan to hatch, but they just mailed my incubator today.

Hello from Franklin (Warren Co.). I live out in the township so dad and I are brand new at chicken raising.... We are trying to put together a flock for eggs/hatching/meat.... If there is anyone close by pkease pm me.... Networking is very valuable...

thanks

Hello from Franklin (Warren Co.). I live out in the township so dad and I are brand new at chicken raising.... We are trying to put together a flock for eggs/hatching/meat.... If there is anyone close by pkease pm me.... Networking is very valuable...

thanks

Welcome! Looks like you found the thread I was just getting ready to point you to.

Ask yourself these questions before deciding which birds:
1. Meat, eggs or both?
2. Bantam or large fowl?
3. Egg color: white, cream, brown, blue, green, olive, chocolate?
4. Number of birds?
5. Hatching?
6. Roosters?
7. Variety of colors or all the same?

Last edited:
Welcome! Looks like you found the thread I was just getting ready to point you to.

1. Meat, eggs or both? BOTH
2. Bantam or large fowl? LARGE
3. Egg color: white, cream, brown, blue, green, olive, chocolate? PREFER BROWN
4. Number of birds? NOT DECIDED BUT HAVE GOT THE SPACE FOR HOWEVER MANY (just got to build coops as needed)
5. Hatching? YES
6. Roosters? YES
VARIETY

1. Meat, eggs or both? BOTH
2. Bantam or large fowl? LARGE
3. Egg color: white, cream, brown, blue, green, olive, chocolate? PREFER BROWN
4. Number of birds? NOT DECIDED BUT HAVE GOT THE SPACE FOR HOWEVER MANY (just got to build coops as needed)
5. Hatching? YES
6. Roosters? YES
VARIETY

As long as you don't mind a variety of colors of eggs, I can hook you up today...lol

Back
Top Bottom