OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

lol sounds like fun luckily my great grandma is doing good shes 86 and fell last a week ago last friday and broke her hipp so saturday of the same week emergency partial hipp replacement and now therapy till probly after xmas and usually we have a big gift exchange and dinner but idk what is going on this year but god knows what is going on right now for every one of us

Snowing here, ugh. I am not ready for it personally, but I will deal with the cold. Makes ones joints hurt more. I did get some great mail this week. Meyers Hatchery catalog!!Time to research for new layers to replace some EES I lost and a few who are no longer laying.

You can keep all that snow up north. I am not ready for it and never am. Ohio's winters are why I think of relocating south or becoming a snow bird every winter. Yuck!

Snowing here, ugh. I am not ready for it personally, but I will deal with the cold. Makes ones joints hurt more. I did get some great mail this week. Meyers Hatchery catalog!!Time to research for new layers to replace some EES I lost and a few who are no longer laying.

No snow here yet, not ready but temps are in 30's I still have to clean up the garden and slope the roof for the run so snow won't cave it in. Oh well!got the Meyers catalog as well for the very first time, I should just relax and order more chicks for next spring.
1f61c.png
So many to choose from.

ToniTalley, I too am in NW Ohio. We only had a dusting of snow here.Thankfully! I would rather not be here in the cold but I can't escape south for warmer climates yet.

We are just a bit west of Toledo. The chickens did not like the snow, so I raked a path around the coop to their scratch area...a cement blocked in area where we dump various composty things, and toss scratch to keep them busy. It has a lattice and screen covering, to help keep it shady in summer and not so snowy in winter. The small run and the coop are all under one roof, so the plastic on the run sides really helps keep the run dry and snow free. They spent most of the day in the coop and run, which I don't mind except that it will mean I have to clean it out more often. In the summer, I don't have to do anything but scoop the poop board.
P.S. I hate the cold. I grew up in southern california, and wish it was hot here year around!

Last edited:
I am outside of Wapakoneta. I have a few tarps on my run sides to break the wind but the top is mostly open. Large trees over most of the run but I use an old broom to clear snow for the few that will go out in it.I have lived in Ohio all my life and I hate cold but I can't move from here away from family.

Back
Top Bottom