OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

is it bad that i havent even started to winterize

Same here, this morning all waterers are frozen. Time to bring out the water heater. Thinking of buying clear 8 mill plastic around the run @25 deg, wind was bitter. Though their coop is insulated and cozy they like being out in the covered run, I guess I need to put something to break the wind.

Last edited:
I use tarps for wind breaks and one for shade in the summer. One 20ft long and one 8ft long. My new 10x16 coop blocks most of the wind on the west side and the 8 x 12 blocks what little there is on the north.Plus the entire set up behind the house from the north too. I just put my heated water bases out on Saturday. Heat lamps are in coops but not being used until below zero.

It is angled between the roof of the coop and the yard fence, hooked on with carabiner clips, but sags anyway. It's not going to fall unless it pulls down the fence which is pretty substantial and held up by tee posts and wood posts. But it could bend the fence if the snow gets too heavy, and that would be a headache to fix.

Looking for some input please on Golden Comets or Black Australor temperments with mixed flocks? I need to add a better egg layer my EES are getting way too slow on providing us with eggs.I don't know either breed and have been reading up but any personal info would be great too.

Looking for some input please on Golden Comets or Black Australor temperments with mixed flocks? I need to add a better egg layer my EES are getting way too slow on providing us with eggs.I don't know either breed and have been reading up but any personal info would be great too.

I got no input but I too was highly interested in adding golden comets and black australorp this spring. I was kind of disappointed with Rhode Islands just got them this year but not producing like my first batch of hens (Barred rocks, Wyandottes & leghorns)

Back
Top Bottom