OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Was it the one on Pearl Road? Could you tell what colors they have?

Not sure on colors as I'm new to these guys. I believe they had whites, buffs and I have one little one that's grayish on its back and head

My sussex lays 2 eggs at a time, is that good or bad?. From columbus ohio!!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for the welcome OHfarmerswife! 

Are you talking about silage when you mention fermented feeds? The birds here get all the trimmings from the kitchen on a regular basis--cooked chicken scraps are a favorite (yeah, they're cannibals).....

No fermented feed is when you add water to their feed & let it ferment. Mine go crazy for it. The jump at the scoop when I put it into their bowls.

I might try fermented feed this summer to see how they like it.  Do you ferment the regular bagged feed or scratch?  Today I feel accomplished.  After work, it was so nice outside that we took some of the plastic off of the run, and I cleaned out the coop and run, put all new chips into the coop, and some fresh straw over the sand in the run after raking the old stuff out.  Also put away the heater and metal water can, and got out the plastic one that hangs out in the run.  All that is left to do is to remove the plastic off the west and south, decided to leave it on during spring rains to keep the run dryer, as most our wind and rain comes from the west.  We already clipped their wings a week ago, which was definitely a comedy of errors.

Toni I use bagged feed makes kind of like a porridge and I also add a scoop of scratch. You can google it there are lots of sites. There is a ferment page on FB.

Back
Top Bottom