OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

my broody girl. I think she is an Affenzellar Spitzhauben, however that's spelled.

Does anyone know of a good chicken processor near the Mt Gilead, Mt Vernon area? We need to cull some birds and I don't have the time with my kids going back to school soon. Thanks!

S
Does anyone know of a good chicken processor near the Mt Gilead, Mt Vernon area? We need to cull some birds and I don't have the time with my kids going back to school soon. Thanks!
Smithisler Meat in Mt Vernon has meat processing. Well priced, great friendly service. Good luck

Hey all! Cleveland, Ohio area here! New to this but reading and learning all that I can. I'd really love to get some Jubilee Orpingtons, but I really am loving all the breeds!

Hey all! Cleveland, Ohio area here! New to this but reading and learning all that I can. I'd really love to get some Jubilee Orpingtons, but I really am loving all the breeds!

Welcome to the group Rosie. I am in Troy just north of Dayton. I raise Swedish Flower Hens. I love this breed as they are great foragers, sweet dispositions & you get a variety of colors with one breed!

Last edited:

Hi I'm from Kinsman about 45 mins south east of Cleveland. We have a small farm here raise chickens and goats. Welcome to the group!

Last edited:

So I have this lovely little blond girl of mixed origin. I can barely see her ears but they are white. Then the other night I was in the coop with a flashlight and caught her in just the right light, her ears have a bluish tinge. Almost iridescent. Will she lay blue eggs? I know there were Easter Eggers among the flock she came from. I'm so curious about this new development.

Hello,
I was wondering how are the wheatens and marans doing? Have the marans start laying yet? I would love to see the color of the eggs.
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

Hello from Willowick, OH! I live about 25 minutes northeast of Cleveland and thanks largely to this awesome website, I have 6 ducklings on order from Meyers Hatchery that will hopefully arrive tomorrow!

My husband and I also have three Yorkshire terriers and almost all of our backyard has been converted into raised bed gardens. We hope to buy a farm within the next few years and then I can have ducks as well chickens, plus sheep and goats and geese and maybe pigs! :D

Back
Top Bottom