OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Wahoo lights and timer are officially hooked up and working. Set for 430pm-9 since today light is 735am-505pm
Have heat lamp also protected for only below 10 degree days or nights.

:yiipchick :highfive:
think I soo confused them though...they were already on perches 415 so they got really cranky and pecKY at each other. I turned lights off 730 last night. At 7am this morning most were off perches so reprogram lights 6am-8am then tonight 4pm-630 then every day extend pm and take off time for morning. I may put more am time depends on how they do tomorrow.
Do you think I shocked them last night since they were all asleep already? I don't want that but I need the daylight for them...

I don't bother with extra light as I don't want to have a lightbulb inside the coop. I just deal with the lack of eggs. It's gonna be a real cold two days, so I put an extra flake of straw into the coop for them to hunker down in if they get too cold. They are snow sissies, and haven't ventured out of their little run since it snowed. I have to toss their scratch into the run, and I hung up a suet cake in a cage feeder inside the coop to help keep them busy.

I don't bother with extra light as I don't want to have a lightbulb inside the coop. I just deal with the lack of eggs. It's gonna be a real cold two days, so I put an extra flake of straw into the coop for them to hunker down in if they get too cold. They are snow sissies, and haven't ventured out of their little run since it snowed. I have to toss their scratch into the run, and I hung up a suet cake in a cage feeder inside the coop to help keep them busy.

I agree, I don't like to use extra light, I think they deserve a rest over the winter, as nature intended. Apple on a string is a good boredom buster, too. Today ours were all gathered around the door, sadly looking out, but no one wanted to venture out into the icey rain!

Back
Top Bottom