OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Great news!
Our 'chicken whisperer' has been put on the cover of our local paper folks:D
newarkadvocate.com
Under local news
'18yr old with autism find his niche with chickens'
This is his SECOND article!
First was 20 Oct on the LCOUNTYDD.ORG
'Accomplishing his goal one egg at a time'
We are so proud of him. Through all the crap he's going thru and he's thriving with his chickadees!
Please read those if you'd like to.

Hi! I'm new to both the site and chickens, so wish me luck!

I'm in Radnor (north of Delaware) and drive up to Meyer to pick up my 6 Easter Eggers and 2 Welsummer chicks in a couple of weeks!

I'm in Radnor (north of Delaware) and drive up to Meyer to pick up my 6 Easter Eggers and 2 Welsummer chicks in a couple of weeks!
welcome!! YEA to raising chickens and YEA for heading to Meyers!! I know your area very well. Those EE are feisty till they lay. Handle as often as you possibly can.

welcome!! YEA to raising chickens and YEA for heading to Meyers!! I know your area very well. Those EE are feisty till they lay. Handle as often as you possibly can.

Mamatink7 I got 5 EEs, their the tamest sweetest chickens in my flock, so nice I'd pick up 3 more couple of days ago. Maybe I just got lucky huh?

Mamatink7 I got 5 EEs, their the tamest sweetest chickens in my flock, so nice I'd pick up 3 more couple of days ago. Maybe I just got lucky huh?
lol don't get me wrong they are one of our favorite breeds in our flock, just one of the Fiestier ones when they were young. We are going to get more of them next time as well. They love to be spoiled and get all the attention for sure lol.

@mamatink7 my attention seekers are the RIR, they peck on my pants and shirt until I pet or pick them up. Now my feisty hens are the Silver Lace Wyandottes, my top hens are the Leghorns..

Yay! For you! I just picked some EEs after only successfully hatching 1 chick and didn't want her to be lonely. I'm amazed at how quiet and calm they are. I got them at RK before the rush, so maybe that was it...No big trauma.

Welcome to BYC!

Hello fellow Buckeyes, I am Amy near Cincinnati, and I have had chickens for about 3.5 years, I keep adding to my flock slowly! I currently have 10 hens and 4 new babies, about 5-6 weeks old. The new babies I didn't "mean" to get, just went to visit a friend who had hatched a bunch of chicks and she gave me some babies. LOL you know how that goes. My first batches were all hatchery bought and sexed, so this is my first time with unsexed chicks. I think I should've gotten more, because I am worried that I have 3/4 roosters! This is also my first time getting chicks in the colder weather, so not exactly sure how/when to move chickens outdoors when it is so cold. I finally turned the heat lamp off the babies and they are ok in my 60 degree basement, so maybe I will wait another week or two and when we have a warmish day move them out. Or move them outside but resupply the heat lamp. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself in this thread!

Back
Top Bottom